grey klx.... green ktm.... whats next?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: grey klx.... green ktm.... whats next?

na just wanted to get the bikes, no trees or anything.....
here another one....

Old 08-21-2007, 01:28 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

ORIGINAL: Will Shoe

I think it was gettting passed by green bikes all day and it figured if it turned green it could keep up.
i think that was more the operator..... lol..... i think it was brian that said something to the effect of being too old to ride 75mph in the woods.....
Ha ha, you got me. Having already missed some work not too long ago as well as suffering the indignity of having my wife remove my helmet for me when I broke my collar bone because I couldn't lift my arm, which is bad enough when you are at home, but didn't really want to do that 8+ hours from home and have to drive one-handed the whole way back and I doubt they'd let me have percocets for the drive home alone. [:@]

But by day 2, though, I was getting the hang of the sand. It only seemed like I was slow because on day 2 they said they weren't waiting at intersections any more and I kept having to wait for Josh to round the corner so he knew what direction to go before I could take off and catch back up. P.S. Sorry, Josh, I'm throwing you to the wolves here, gotta look out for my own skin here buddy, no hard feelings.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:33 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well if 40+ is too old to ride 75 MPH in the woods, then hooray for 40[8D] I choose life. Its great to explore and have fun, but I have too great a family and a lot to live for to take chances like that. No thanks.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:36 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah, 75 through the woods is nuts. I don't think anyone was going 75 through the woods that weekend, though. Most of the riding was sandy paths, old roads slowly being taken back. Those were pretty fast, maybe even 75 but I wouldn't know, half that was fast enough for me. I'd be surprised if anyone was hitting 75 on that stuff, though, but I could be wrong. I think Patrick has a clip where he was going around that, but that was on pavement. Maybe he can do that on the sandy paths, too. But the wooded singletrack was a whole lot slower. Anyone who says they were going 75 through that is pulling your leg.

Here's the video. Be sure and check me out at the 5 minute mark, I'm easy to spot, just look for the orange bike.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...53463294566567

Old 08-21-2007, 04:41 AM
1st Gear Member

the "best dirtbike video in the world" video found in that link is pretty cool, who is that?

Old 08-21-2007, 04:47 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

That's footage that Patrick LaMeau and Jimmi Soldo, both co-founded the show "Dirt Bike Television" took at our NE Ride held at the NJ Pine Barrens on Memorial Day weekend this year.

Music by Jimmi's band, that's Jimmi singing. Jimmi is the first guy to flip off the camera at the very end. The 2nd guy to flip off the camera is one of those crazy Irishmen, Colin. Good times, baby! A dozen hooligans on dirt bikes, and no work for three days, hard to beat that!

Edit: oops, sorry, I thought you meant the 6minute video I posted. Looks like more of Patrick and Jimmi's work for DBTV.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:01 AM
1st Gear Member

They both look real fun. I wish there was that many people around here (that i knew somehow) to go on a big ride like that. My schedule isnt the same as my white collar buddies so I get to ride out at the local area pretty much alone. Weekends are so busy I'd probably sooner ride against traffic on a one way street.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:24 AM
1st Gear Member

No harm done, I was very much unprepared for that ride.........still waiting for the t-shirts that say I survived KLX fest 2007.........because I just barely survived

Old 08-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

brain no joke i bet i was pushing 70 on that one trail sunday morning... only looked down and for sure it said 65... was scared to look down anymore.... it was full throttle in 6th.....[:-]

Old 08-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

brain no joke i bet i was pushing 70 on that one trail sunday morning... only looked down and for sure it said 65... was scared to look down anymore.... it was full throttle in 6th.....[:-]
That was those old sandy roads, though, right? I can believe that there. I didn't go that fast, but I know some of you were.

But by woods, I assumed you were talking about the single track through the fire breaks on day 2 with Lindsey's group and Patrick's helmet scratcher trail, renamed the "corkscrew" where we are weaving between and threading between the trees, roots, and rocks. That's what I think of when you said woods which is a whole lot slower than the wide and straight sand roads that Jeeps and SUVs were going down.

It was on one of those paths off the fire breaks that Jsac got stuck and it took 3 of us to get him out. And I think it was around that time when Jimmi's front brake tube got damaged also. That stuff was pretty tight and brushy with trees, i.e., "woods".

Quick Reply: grey klx.... green ktm.... whats next?