GoPro helmet camera

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 04:53 PM
1st Gear Member
Default GoPro helmet camera

I've had a a couple GoPro cameras for a few years, I've used them on all sorts of things, from kayaking to swimming and flying. Now that I got a bike I finally got around to using one of the helmet mounts and took it out for spin on the KLX.
Here's the link

PS I've noticed that some youtube videos are able to open and play right in the thread, but other times there is only a link. Anybody know exactly how to get the videos to open and play in the thread rather than just having a link?

Old 12-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hahahaha "This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

SNAP!

Old 12-05-2012, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member

What is EMI anyway? You must have had some music in there...

Old 12-05-2012, 05:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Hahahaha "This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

SNAP!
Bummer, it's not blocked here.
Those copyright restrictions are so mixed up I can never figure out how to work with them. Sometimes they do nothing, sometimes they'll just mute the sound track, sometimes they just notify you that it's copyright material and they have the right to place ads on the video, and sometimes they do what they've done to you and blocked the video in your country.
Well I tried, at least I did that. LOL

Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Where is here?

Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I believe off his past post, he is somewhere in Canada, could be wrong though.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:11 PM
1st Gear Member

What is EMI anyway? You must have had some music in there...
Electric and Musical Industries

Record Label

Old 12-05-2012, 09:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mucky_Waters
Bummer, it's not blocked here.
Those copyright restrictions are so mixed up I can never figure out how to work with them. Sometimes they do nothing, sometimes they'll just mute the sound track, sometimes they just notify you that it's copyright material and they have the right to place ads on the video, and sometimes they do what they've done to you and blocked the video in your country.
Well I tried, at least I did that. LOL
Sucks, its just a blacked out screen. Jerks.
I used stranglehold by Nugent in a vid I did and I got the "thats copyrighted music, but we will let you use it" line from youtube. come on I'm not selling it.
DAn

Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice Vid, you are very lucky to have that terrain pretty much on your doorstep. I need to ride about 1 hour to get to the real good stuff.

I would highly recommend buying the Go Pro chest mount too if you dont have it already, I have both this and the helmet side mount but tend to find the chest cam the best for riding as you can see the handle bars as well as the view in front. The camera also picks up the bumps a lot more so you experience the ride when watching it back.

I only tend to use my helmet mount for skiing now with teh odd use at the track when I am filming a buddy.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Where is here?
Good point Deej, you made me realize I had not added my location to my stats yet. I just fixed that.

Ledgini sounds like a chest mount might work better for riding, I don't really care for the helmet mount anyway, but I already had it, and an old helmet to try the mount on, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I plan on getting a new go pro camera soon anyway, I have two cameras already that I use in a 3D housing, but I noticed this summer that the video on one camera is not quite as sharp as the other one, so it looks like I'll need to pick up a new one. While I'm at it maybe I'll get the chest mount.
And yeah, it's kinda nice having a road up to the mountain so close to home.

In the meantime I'll try and throw another video together that has no copyright issues. It just limits the sound tracks I can use.

Quick Reply: GoPro helmet camera