Good shock?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2022, 02:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Please let me know how your mechanic got the fuel injection system to work with the big bore.

Old 12-30-2022, 02:29 AM
MXM
1st Gear Member

You can ask this guy. He sold me the kit and from what I can tell is the king of upgrading the KLX & CRF models in Thailand. It comes with EJK & Bigger injector. Not sure if links are working. Look up Keng Engine on Facebook

Facebook Post

Facebook Post

Old 12-31-2022, 02:35 PM
1st Gear Member

MXM, thanks for pics as I don’t do Facebook. As I mentioned, I tried similar approach to power boost but I could not get fueling right with my EJK and after multiple calls to EJK I gave up. What model EJK controller do you have, I used the 9310247. I would also like to know what settings you ended up with. And the bigger injector, where were you able to buy it. Sharing this info would be invaluable to us in USA in search of more KLX power from our fuel injected bikes.

Thanks- Freakdaddy

Old 01-01-2023, 12:30 AM
MXM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by freakdaddy
MXM, thanks for pics as I don’t do Facebook. As I mentioned, I tried similar approach to power boost but I could not get fueling right with my EJK and after multiple calls to EJK I gave up. What model EJK controller do you have, I used the 9310247. I would also like to know what settings you ended up with. And the bigger injector, where were you able to buy it. Sharing this info would be invaluable to us in USA in search of more KLX power from our fuel injected bikes.

Thanks- Freakdaddy
Can you make a throw away Facebook account and contact keng? He is the man! I just bought the kit and passed it all on to my mechanic to fit while I'm away on holidays. Sorry I don't have detailed info.

There is also a Facebook group for klx250s and they talk about this stuff on there too

Old 01-01-2023, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Good luck with an EJK. You either have to have the tools to tune or you have to spend some time on a dyno. A power commander will work, it uses TPS and RPM, same as the factory ECM. The EJK only has RPM and infers the rest from injector pulse width. Very difficult to develop a custom tune. If you cannot tune yourself, buy a power commander and schedule a dyno tune. Maybe Keng worked with EJK, but a generic tune is not going to work, and trying to dial in an EJK to a major change like a big bore will be impossible.

Old 01-01-2023, 09:17 PM
MXM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nigel
Good luck with an EJK. You either have to have the tools to tune or you have to spend some time on a dyno. A power commander will work, it uses TPS and RPM, same as the factory ECM. The EJK only has RPM and infers the rest from injector pulse width. Very difficult to develop a custom tune. If you cannot tune yourself, buy a power commander and schedule a dyno tune. Maybe Keng worked with EJK, but a generic tune is not going to work, and trying to dial in an EJK to a major change like a big bore will be impossible.
Thanks Nigel, yeah a friend of mine with the similar 330 kit (think Kustom Kraft of Big Bill) said he couldn't get the EJK to work and went the Power Commander. I would have grabbed one but it's difficult to import into Vietnam at the moment with all the holidays and best to wait till February after the Lunar New Year ends!

Keng assured me the EJK works fine and that is all they use in Thailand on their kits. My friend with the Power Commander thinks they "flash" the EJK if that makes any sense. My mechanic has access to a dyno. He's already installed and been riding it around breaking it in for me while I'm away and says it's running very good! I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Wish me luck

I will ask Keng for you guys today how it is possible for him to get the EJK's working.

Old 01-01-2023, 10:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Good luck MXM, sounds like Keng has worked it out.

Old 02-01-2023, 09:47 PM
MXM
1st Gear Member

Quick update. The bike is now ready after few problems. The mechanic assembled the kit and everything seemed like it was going to be pretty quick handover but then when the bike was getting dyno tuned it was realized the bigger injector was faulty. I was given a replacement free of charge but shipping and holiday period slowed things down a little.

My friend with the dyno spent some time working with the EJK and was able to get it working using his own settings to the point he says he can't find any flaws with it riding around the city and I will just have to test it myself now. He did say the EJK was rather limited and if I upgrade it to get something they can plug directly into the dyno.

I'll give the bike a run in the next week hopefully, but if it starts giving issues because of the EJK then I'll be upgrading it. I've hear people recommend NKRacing and Dyno Jet Power Commander. Well, time will tell.

Old 02-02-2023, 09:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the update. My experience with the power commander has been excellent as an FYI.

Old 02-02-2023, 10:05 AM
MXM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nigel
Thanks for the update. My experience with the power commander has been excellent as an FYI.
Are they kit specific? I just sent them an email. Can see they have for older klx250s. Not for a 2018

Quick Reply: Good shock?