Full License Today

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:25 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Full License Today

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share passed my full license test today, so no more wearing "L" plates and because I am over thirty I can go straight to my 'black license' (in aus we have to wear an L plate for learner and a P plate for provisional, what do you guys in the US have to do.

Cheers
Chris.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Full License Today

Thats great news man..... well at least in pa.... We get amotorcycle learners permit, thats good for 2 years i think, and you have to take a written test to get it. Then you take the actual license test, but you dont have to wait the 2 years, i got my full license a month after my permit.... just basic stuff, controlled stopping, shifting, figure 8's. The instructor said that i could make alot of money if i rent the klx out for guys to take the test on... it was a piece of cake on the klx, i could see a sport bike or cruiser being a pain on that course.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Great Job Man!

In North Carolina(USA), We take the written test for a permit and get 18 months to practice for the road test. We can't have passengers until we take the road test.

Be Safe and have loads of fun

Old 01-17-2008, 12:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Guys, Sounds pretty similiar, we get a learners permit, good for 12 months, usually have to have it minimum of 3 months.The provisional licensefor 12 months. If you are over 30 you are exempt from this, I only had my learners for about 1 month and now straight onto full license, the only restriction being no pillion passenger for 12 months.

Cheers
Chris

Old 01-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

congrats bro!!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Washington State, you get a learners permit after passing a written 25 question test that is good for 3 months, and during that time you can't ride after dark or have passengers. You can renew that permit two more times then you have to take the driving test. Congrats, its a good feeling for sure.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:14 PM
1st Gear Member

congrats... in louisiana you take the written and driving portion at the same time (atleast i did) and get your full license. i dont think there is an option for a permit but i could be wrong.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:12 PM
1st Gear Member

In Arizona you get your license plate whether you have a license or not (with proof of insurance), of course it is illegal to ride unless you have at least a learners permit. The learners permit is a written 25 question test which is good for 6-months but is renewable for an additional 6-months (so you have 1-year to get your act together) - you can't ride on highways or after dark. The actual motorcycle license involves a driving test pretty similar to Nobrakes description. Take care and watch out for those roo's!

Old 01-17-2008, 03:57 PM
1st Gear Member

In Utah only Caucasians are required to have insurance or a driver’s license or even a green card.
My wife was t-bones a few weeks back ($8K+ damages to her car and a 20 sutures to close a cut to her head along with a broken wrist). The gentleman that hit her (ran a light) was an illegal alien, no license no insurance and the plates didn’t belong to the truck that he was driving, the officer wrote him a citation and let him drive off.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

That's not right!!! Yea lets let more of them into the country. That's why our insurance is so high because we are paying for illegals and welfare cases.[:@] It should be an automatic year in jail if you get into an accident without insurance. When people have to choose between food and gas or insurance guess what they are going to pick? Its all messed up for sure. I'm glad all I have to decide is how often to wash my bike.[8D]

Quick Reply: Full License Today