Four Stroke Works Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 03:34 AM
ktn
Default Four Stroke Works Pipe

OK so I've been slow getting around to the mods. This weekend I went to 14/47 with new 110 link DID chain and put on a FSW's header and muffler. Totally different bike even without the carby/airbox mods (have the stuff, but no time to install). I can almost keep up with my friends TE510. Pulls great up to 9500, no problem, 60 mph at 6500rpm.

The FSW header is big and fits fine.The muffler is a little close to the rear fender and began to melt it a little..I wondered when I put it on...but I had to ride anyway. I'm a little disappointed in the fit but the sound and performance exceeded my expectations.

My ride was so much fun today that I tweaked my bars and broke the stock hand guards, that was before drowning myself and the bike in a 2 1/2 foot deep mud hole.

Off to my next new thread. Vroooooooom.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:21 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Four Stroke Works Pipe

ORIGINAL: ktn

OK so I've been slow getting around to the mods. This weekend I went to 14/47 with new 110 link DID chain and put on a FSW's header and muffler.
Sweet! What rear sprocket did you get, if you don't mind my asking. A link to where to purchase would be great. My 49 tooth was a bit too buzzy for me, but I think a 47 might not be too bad.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:27 AM
ktn

Brian- Here it is, no problems other than slow delivery...good fit.

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandi...id~1404296.asp

Cheers

Old 11-21-2006, 01:46 AM
1st Gear Member

New Jerseystan, What part of jersey are you from? I'm in south Jersey

Old 11-21-2006, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Ummm, am I the only one thinking "Four Stroke Works pipe???" I didn't even know it was an option for our bikes.

I see that http://www.fourstrokeworks.com/ has a full exhaust system for the 97-06 KLX300 for $299 - quiet tip included!
How is it that this pipe has eluded me for so long? And why has it never come up in the Muzzy/Bug Gun/HMF/Staintune discussions?

Old 11-21-2006, 05:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Kawi Wawi

Ummm, am I the only one thinking "Four Stroke Works pipe???" I didn't even know it was an option for our bikes.

I see that http://www.fourstrokeworks.com/ has a full exhaust system for the 97-06 KLX300 for $299 - quiet tip included!
How is it that this pipe has eluded me for so long? And why has it never come up in the Muzzy/Bug Gun/HMF/Staintune discussions?

Go buy one, put it on and join in the Muzzy/Big Gun/HMF/Staintune discussions!

Old 11-21-2006, 08:51 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

ORIGINAL: Kawi Wawi

Go buy one, put it on and join in the Muzzy/Big Gun/HMF/Staintune/Four Stroke Works discussions!
fixed [8D]

Old 11-21-2006, 02:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I know the page says exhaust system, however the picture only shows the muffler, and they only talk about the muffler, no mention of a headpipe, leads me to believe that the $300 is just for the slip on portion, its another $155 for the head pipe. But this is a good way to go if your budget doesn't allow $450 all at once. Get the 300 headpipe then the slip on, that is if you were already running a 300 stock exhaust............which I am

Old 11-21-2006, 03:40 PM
ktn

Right-

I bought the muffler first thinking it was the whole and was surprised. so I got the header. The header is sweet. It's big and black with mounts for the stock heat shield too. Fits great, the muff needs to be tweaked. I might send Jerry my stock to use as a template...he's a likable guy.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:13 PM
1st Gear Member

How is the volume and quality of sound? Will it wake up the neighbors?

ORIGINAL: ktn

Right-

I bought the muffler first thinking it was the whole and was surprised. so I got the header. The header is sweet. It's big and black with mounts for the stock heat shield too. Fits great, the muff needs to be tweaked. I might send Jerry my stock to use as a template...he's a likable guy.

Quick Reply: Four Stroke Works Pipe