Is this The FMF Y'all Are Buying ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Default Is this The FMF Y'all Are Buying ?

Saw this on EBay:

FMF Powercore 4 Q w/ SA for Kawasaki KLX250 / KLX300

Is this the one y'all are buying and using on your KLX250S's?

Old 05-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Is this The FMF Y'all Are Buying ?

DONT BUY THAT. Thats funny you posted this, i bought a muffler just like that, it was a fmf powercore 4 w spark arrester, it was used once and he said it fit my klx250s. So i bid on it and recieved it and it didnt fit. The header pipe is different on the klx250s and the older klx250 and 300, it wont work, he even sent me the header pipe for free because it didnt fit my header pipe, well that didnt work either. so i just sent him back his pieces and he refunded all my money, thankfully he was understanding. It was his mistake though. I got that one of ebay too.... so point- it wont fit.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Right. Whatever you get, Marty, you'll want to get a "full system", not just the silencer since as EMS_0525 says, there are differences between the header / mid pipes on our bike vs those on the KLX300 and the older KLX250. Full systems, though, work just fine, but not the individual pieces by themselves when mixed with our stock parts.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:11 PM

What if this is paired with the FourStrokeWorks head pipe?
It would be nice to have some quiet muffer options.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Allen

What if this is paired with the FourStrokeWorks head pipe?
It would be nice to have some quiet muffer options.
I think that would work.

Old 05-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Who the hell wants a quiet bike.... im gonna take my quiet insert out every once in a while... waiting to rejet... a bike has to be loud!!!!! but to each his own...

Old 05-26-2006, 09:12 PM

Hey EMS. Unfortunately there is something called "noise pollution"..and there is something called "environmentalists". Environmentalists have a lot of clout with our big brother government. All you have to do is look at what is happening too 2-strokes. It's only a matter of time before we won't have the option of buying a 2-stroke bike. It's not because of lack of consumer interest, but because of "air pollution." Get my point? Environmentalists will go after 4-strokes because of noise pollution..the fact is they don't like motorcycles and they will use any excuse to get rid of them.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:46 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

thats y i dont like those kinda people and thats y i have a 1973 full size chevy truck with a 454 and pretty much straight pipes except glass packs... and a wild cam... '73 is before emissions test... so its legal... hehe... and very very loud

Old 05-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Default Not THIS Environmentalist

ORIGINAL: konacoiler

Hey EMS. Unfortunately there is something called "noise pollution"..and there is something called "environmentalists". Environmentalists have a lot of clout with our big brother government. All you have to do is look at what is happening too 2-strokes. It's only a matter of time before we won't have the option of buying a 2-stroke bike. It's not because of lack of consumer interest, but because of "air pollution." Get my point? Environmentalists will go after 4-strokes because of noise pollution..the fact is they don't like motorcycles and they will use any excuse to get rid of them.
Well, here's one environmentalist who likes motorcycles and rides one almost every day. And if you can believe the polls, 80% of all Americans consider themselves enviromentalists. So you've got to figure that a lot of other environmentalists ride too. But what I and most people don't like are obnoxious motorcyclists. As the saying goes: Your freedom to swing your fist ends at my nose.

Old 05-27-2006, 04:30 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Not THIS Environmentalist

NICE, i like that woodworks.... i like to say- to each his own... i like being loud and obnoxious, thats still the kid in me... as i am only 23

Quick Reply: Is this The FMF Y'all Are Buying ?