FMF Q4 Slip-On

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Joel, how do you pronounce your location " Phuket " ? Does the Ph make a "F" sound? As in ***-et Tailand? Sorry for the childish fascination with swearwords.
Dan
No, it's pronounced Poo-ket... I wondered the same thing when I fist saw it

Old 10-12-2011, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member

I love my q4 and megabomb header. I have always ran FMF systems on ALL my Kawis. No probs with them. The q4 is noticeably lighter than the stock scrap metal. Yea it comes close to the airbox but isnt melting it and I have almost 2k on my bike already since june. Only prob i see with mine is it will sort of discolor the blinker. Leaves a haze on it but not melting it or causing it to malfunction. I noticed a big power diff when I put the silencer on. Then a month later my header FINALLy came in and notice a lil more power and snap. Its not that loud to me. People will def know yer comin.

Last edited by BleednGreen68; 10-12-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Highbeam
I held both the factory and the FMF at the same time and there is no noticable weight savings.
I agree with everything said besides this. The stock muffler (at least on my 07) was a tank, the Q4 definitely saved weight. Can't say I really notice it while riding, but there is no doubt the Q4 is significantly lighter.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Arctra
No, it's pronounced Poo-ket... I wondered the same thing when I fist saw it
Correct Arctra, it's pronounced Poo-ket.........for those with a silly British sense of humor, there's a doctors surgery up the road from me with a large sign called Dr. ****-sac! makes me laugh when I drive by...lol

Old 10-13-2011, 12:24 PM
1st Gear Member

I run a Powercore 4 and it was the single best performance mod I've done. Even before I jetted it you could tell a pretty good advantage from stock.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JoelThailand
Correct Arctra, it's pronounced Poo-ket.........for those with a silly British sense of humor, there's a doctors surgery up the road from me with a large sign called Dr. ****-sac! makes me laugh when I drive by...lol
Well Poo-ket isn't as much fun to say, but OK. LOL Thanks guys. It sounds like I am in good company Glad I never grew up. ****-sac Dr would make me laugh too.

The Q4 is a couple pounds lighter, if I remember correctly. I weighed both when I swapped the stocker our for the Q4.
Dan

Last edited by dan888; 10-13-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Recieved and installed the FMF-Q4.
Sure is nice to have a pipe the actually fits perfectly!!!
The sound is excellent and the added performance is about the same as my previous HMF.
At the end od the day, I'm very happy / satifies with this muffler and would highly recomend it. Thanks agian to all for the feedback.
DJF-

Attached Thumbnails FMF Q4 Slip-On-dscf8394.jpg  
Old 10-17-2011, 01:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Joel, how do you pronounce your location " Phuket " ? Does the Ph make a "F" sound? As in ***-et Tailand? Sorry for the childish fascination with swearwords.
Dan
Ha Ha, GREAT chuckle for a Monday morning!!!

Old 10-17-2011, 10:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DJFields
Recieved and installed the FMF-Q4.
Sure is nice to have a pipe the actually fits perfectly!!!
The sound is excellent and the added performance is about the same as my previous HMF.
At the end od the day, I'm very happy / satifies with this muffler and would highly recomend it. Thanks agian to all for the feedback.
DJF-
Nice mod on the rear blinkers

Old 10-18-2011, 02:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks I guess...................
The factory POS crappy weld broke for the left signal, so I used some 1" aluminum stock and made a new bracket. Has worked for the past year.......................................

Quick Reply: FMF Q4 Slip-On