FMF Q4 on 2009 KLX250S

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 12:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Just installed the q4 and its very nice, i used a dynojet kit w/the needle in 3rd clip from the top,#120 dynojet,i also drilled the slide to 7/64 and i backed the air mix screw out 3 turns. The bike runs great , even starts better, but i wonder if i can get any more snap out of it. Could i use a bigger jett? or a smaller front sprocket??

Old 07-12-2009, 01:16 PM
1st Gear Member

jwatts,

I was thinking the same thing. So far I am only marginally impressed with the power performance of all the upgrades I have done. The pipe definitely makes a difference but I am not sure whether I've actually gained HP/TQ or if the deeper sound makes me feel like I have.

I've pretty much done all the mods I can do to open up the air flow. There is nothing left, other than maybe a new carb. The bike is definitely "snappier" but there isn't a HUGE difference over stock. (just a huge difference in my wallet).

Don't get me wrong, I still love this bike and I am happy with the way it looks, sounds, and yes...performs.

I would just like a few more ponies. I think this winter I'll have to do the BB mod. I would like to be able to roll the throttle back and have the front wheel come up easily. I think if I could achieve that, I would be happy... or maybe not

Old 07-13-2009, 04:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Any difference between the Moose and DynoJet jet kits? I know with my Bandit DJ kits suck, but not as bad as Factory Pro.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey armycopter, you hit the nail on the head, thats exactly my thoughts, BIG drain on the wallet for hardly a big difference but it is a little better. And as for Skoobie my moose kit had dynojet instructions and all the bags w/ the jets in it were labeled DJ so i believe moose is just subcontracting dnyos product. The instructions were extremely easy and spot on to use.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member

I think we just have to follow in cousin larry's footsteps. Just get the 351 and be done with it!

Old 07-17-2009, 08:23 PM
1st Gear Member

That what she said bigger is better

Old 07-18-2009, 01:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Someone should volunteer to post sound clips of their bike's exhaust, I'm sure there's at least one of each in the forums. Two Bros, Muzzy, HMF, FMF....

Old 07-24-2009, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Still waiting on my full FMF setup. jwatts - is that jet setup the one recommended in the directions with the kit?

Old 07-24-2009, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by skubidoobie
Someone should volunteer to post sound clips of their bike's exhaust, I'm sure there's at least one of each in the forums. Two Bros, Muzzy, HMF, FMF....
BRRRAAAAAARRP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=586jT3vvur0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnDhP...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrYXI...eature=channel

Old 07-26-2009, 01:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Full FMF system sounds BEAUTIFUL! 3.5 hours from start to finish on full exhaust, DynoJet stage 2, K&N with snorkel delete, then got ready to ride. 20 hours of tight trails told me she is running excellent. Granted there's only so much power to be had, but these mods helped a bunch. Although stock tires suck, I took a sweet looking spill shooting out of woods trail onto wet grass, it just slid right out from under me lol. The 4 guys on 3 wheelers thought it was funny, and it was lol. That's what Barkbusters are for!

Quick Reply: FMF Q4 on 2009 KLX250S