FMF - I had to

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:39 AM
1st Gear Member
Default FMF - I had to

So I came across a 1/2 off certificate for an FMF exhaust system for $40 on Ebay. I guy had won it in a race a didn't need it. I figured a sign from above, no?

So, for the grand total of $320 ($40 certificate + $280), I got the P-bomb header and the Q4 slip on. I also got the heat shield 1/2 off. I figured pretty good deal.

Everything got here within 3 weeks.

Unfortunately it will be a few weeks until I mount and check it out as my most recent mod was a shattered collarbone. [:@]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7178/F7F42BC66A7048E6AF180E808A815982.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-01-2007, 01:02 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: FMF - I had to

good deal..take care of that collar bone..was it a riding accident?

Old 12-01-2007, 01:02 AM
1st Gear Member

how the f!&!& did you find a 1/2 offcertificate on e-bay? that's a good find. i wish that i had the fmf instead of the muzzy. they look better and they're not nearly as loud.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:08 AM
IG

yeah but I still don't like that rear mount on the muffler. it looks very weak in my view.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Great find and I think you made the right choice.IMO[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-01-2007, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

I got tossed off a trail and landed sideways - evidently with my elbow straight out. Right elbow pad was destroyed. Was alone, but about 15 other riders were scattered about between the parking lot and 18 mils of trail (2 loops). Picked up the bike, started it, popped 2 Advil, road out 8 miles-rocks, roots, sand. Thankfully there weren't any tough climbs.

Got back to the trailhead 50 minutes later (The little adrenaline I had was gone long ago.), asked some locals to load my bike in my truck and drove home - 80 miles.

My gf was in Boston, so I had no one at home to help me. I figured they would put me in a brace that I could not get in and out of by myself, so I decided to take a shower before heading to the hospital.

6 hours later I gave up the tough guy routine and asked some friends to meet me at my house, pick up my Percoset and take out the dog.

It's been 19 days and it's still not in one piece. The pain is not too bad most of the time, but it's damn inconvenient and does not feel too good when it sticks and lets go.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:48 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

yeah but I still don't like that rear mount on the muffler. it looks very weak in my view.
But I digress..

I really wanted the Big Gun due to the superiority of the rear mount. In confidence FMFfreely admitted they have absolutely no idea of how to manufacture an exhaust system (especially the mounting part..) and have conceeded that Big Gun is not only the best option, but is also the only real option, as all of the other exhaust systems, including theirs,are significantly inferior.

Good God man, WTF is wrong with you? Do you really think being 7 months away from getting your G.E.D. qualifies you to assess the durability of motorcycle exhaust systems? I'm a Quality Manager in the automotive industry and we shake the hell outta stuff for validation. If this mount fails before my frame lets go, my bike is yours.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:57 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Nice looking pipe!

ORIGINAL: sam83

Unfortunately it will be a few weeks until I mount and check it out as my most recent mod was a shattered collarbone. [:@]
Hey, I got one of those mods a little over a year ago. I got the clean break variety and like you was alone and rode the bike out. It's fun using your good hand to place your bad one on the throttle because you can't lift your arm at the shoulder isn't it? Not!

The percocets were nice, though. Wish I still had some. [:@]

Old 12-01-2007, 04:59 AM
1st Gear Member

So I came across a 1/2 off certificate for an FMF exhaust system for $40 on Ebay. I guy had won it in a race a didn't need it. I figured a sign from above, no?

So, for the grand total of $320 ($40 certificate + $280), I got the P-bomb header and the Q4 slip on. I also got the heat shield 1/2 off. I figured pretty good deal.

Everything got here within 3 weeks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7178/F7F42BC66A7048E6AF180E808A815982.jpg[/IMG]
You wont be disappointed,
gee I wish I would have got the same discount that you did!

Old 12-01-2007, 05:00 AM
1st Gear Member

I really wanted the Big Gun due to the superiority of the rear mount. In confidence FMFfreely admitted they have absolutely no idea of how to manufacture an exhaust system (especially the mounting part..) and have conceeded that Big Gun is not only the best option, but is also the only real option, as all of the other exhaust systems, including theirs,are significantly inferior.

Good God man, WTF is wrong with you?
LOL Funny Stuff

Good job on getting a good deal But Muzzy's Rule

Quick Reply: FMF - I had to