Finally It's All Mine!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 04:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Finally It's All Mine!!!!!

Went to the stealership this afternoon to pick her up and trailer her home (dealer was 1.5hrs away) Didn't waste any time getting it off the trailer and on the road. Put about 92km on it this afternoon/evening just riding around getting used to it (and of course gloating to my KLR/DR buddy's) So far I absolutely love it! Nice soft suspension which I'll probly have to dial in a bit more (I'm 190lb) but it seems to soak up the bumps nicely. Cruising along in 6th it seems to have lots more power to give. I had it up to 110km/h on the highway for a bit and it seems like it just wants to keep going which is nice.

Once the break-in is all said and done then I'll really get to see whats what. No pics at the moment cuz I was too busy riding but tomorrow I'll get some up. Goin out for more riding if the weather holds. Thanks for all the help so far and keep an eye out for some trip reports.......there's gonna be lots!

Old 04-25-2009, 05:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats!

Old 04-26-2009, 12:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Awesome! It's great to have another KLXer in the family.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on your new bike. I remember when I got mine. You can find some great info in here if you search.
WARNING! modding your KLX can become habit forming!

Old 04-26-2009, 04:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up

Right on, man!!!! Enjoy every minute of it. Might as well! Looking forward to your 'reports'. Later.....

Old 04-26-2009, 11:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrat's!

Post up the pics when you're able. That means soon!

Old 04-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Excellent! Another Mole.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new purchase. I would strongly suggest putting upgraded springs in the front forks to stop the "nose dive" on the street and deal with your weight off road.

I went with .44KG/mm if I remember correctly and handling really improved.

Read up on the "free mods". They really help wake up our little powerplants. I added a 46 tooth rear sprocket which is a little buzzy on the street but, works real well off road and on the street below 45MPH. I did 130 miles each way on I-10 at ~65-70MPH at ~7K RPM which was a little hard on my body and my motorcycle but, that was my only option for getting to the motorcycle show so I did what I had to do .... They even let me park next to the BMW, KTM, and chromed out Harley's.

Last edited by Sid Post; 04-26-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Right on! I hope your enjoying you new ride! Mine felt like it had more power after it was fully broken in and had a couple of oil changes.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Alright kids! Here she is:

Sitting in the driveway after I brought it back from the car wash...sorta shiny right?

My two toys....the Jeep's gotta worry now as it's not gonna be getting much cash-flow for the next little bit.

Another token driveway poser shot.

Just got back from my first trip on it this afternoon so I now have about 407km on it since new (minus the 8km the dealer put on it before I got my grubby little mitts all over it) I don't know how much this matters but I haven't really been keeping it below the 4000rpm that Kawi recommended before I hit 800km. Mostly I keep it around 5-6000 but never actually CONSTANT RPM, I'm always playing with it and loading/unloading the engine. This gonna be a big deal or am I ok?

Quick Reply: Finally It's All Mine!!!!!