It finally happened....

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Default It finally happened....

I saw a ghost!

For those that don't know, I regularly ride in an abandomed Army camp, Camp Livingston. Lots of concrete roads in the middle of the National Forest, and two trails systems run through the camp. My old man has had plenty of creeped-out moments, but I had yet to have one... until Tuesday.

I turned on to one of the semi-main roads, really long one, goes from one end to the other (C101U if you're looking at a FS map). Maybe a 1/4 mile down the road, I looked in my mirror and I thought I saw a truck coming down the road behind me. I did a quick head check, and I SWEAR for a good 5 seconds I thought I saw one of those big old Army trucks, like a deuce and a half. Got a REAL bad feeling. Did a double-take and it wasn't there. I had to stop and take my helmet off and walk in a circle, do a couple Hail Marys (and I'm not Catholic).

I whipped out the digi and snapped a picture, but unfortunately, no Ghost Hunters evidence.

Name:  westicehouseroad.jpg
Views: 1457
Size:  227.1 KB

I could have easily been seeing things, as I'm not a superstitious person, but that baaad, creepy feeling I had I can't even deny. Pops says its like that, sometimes he'd get a horrible feeling in a spot he'd ride a million times, and then never again. Another possible explanation (for alot of circumstances) is there is a large highline and power station right outside the camp, maybe 2 miles east of where this happened.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Some other pics I took on Tuesday. The temps were good (70s) but it drizzled a couple times. Today is the opposite. Sunny, but only in the 50s.

FS 132. Paralells the highline. Its kinda wierd in that, the forest is now so thick, the trees make a canopy over the road. Hard to imagine a bustling Army base was here 65 years ago.

Name:  132.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  261.4 KB

Name:  C100Eand132north2.jpg
Views: 1295
Size:  179.4 KB

Name:  bike2-1.jpg
Views: 994
Size:  46.3 KB

Name:  southon132.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  153.4 KB

Urban legend says these are the hanging trees, and that's what they are known as. Factually, this was a gas station LOL

Name:  hangingtrees.jpg
Views: 1515
Size:  226.2 KB

Old 01-29-2009, 06:43 PM
1st Gear Member

SWEET!!!!! You are ssoooooo lucky! I've heard about that stuff but never had the experience. Too bad nothing showed in the pics. Call TAPS on tv and get them to do a show.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Say What?!

Old 01-29-2009, 07:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Old 01-29-2009, 08:02 PM
1st Gear Member

who you gonna call?

Old 01-29-2009, 08:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey that looks like an awesome place to ride! I can imagine how you might get creeped out in an abandonded place like that.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:23 PM
1st Gear Member

creeps me out looking at it

Old 01-29-2009, 08:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey that looks like an awesome place to ride! I can imagine how you might get creeped out in an abandonded place like that.
+1
nice pics - thanks

Old 01-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffsta
I turned on to one of the semi-main roads, really long one, goes from one end to the other (C101U if you're looking at a FS map). Maybe a 1/4 mile down the road, I looked in my mirror and I thought I saw a truck coming down the road behind me. I did a quick head check, and I SWEAR for a good 5 seconds I thought I saw one of those big old Army trucks, like a deuce and a half. Got a REAL bad feeling. Did a double-take and it wasn't there. I had to stop and take my helmet off and walk in a circle, do a couple Hail Marys (and I'm not Catholic).

I whipped out the digi and snapped a picture, but unfortunately, no Ghost Hunters evidence.

I could have easily been seeing things, as I'm not a superstitious person, but that baaad, creepy feeling I had I can't even deny.

Ghost! That's ridiculous. More than likely it was your imagination. People hallucinate things all the time and are notoriously unreliable observers of events. Fact.

But hey, if others think that a spirit back from the dead, driving down the road in an equally vaporous 3 axle truck is a more plausible explanation, who am I to stop them.

Thanks for sharing, though, good pics, and it looks like a great place to ride and explore.

Quick Reply: It finally happened....