Final bike performance post.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 06:05 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Final bike performance post.

I finally picked my bike up from the dealership yesterday. I dont have a truck or trailer to pull it and havent got my permit yet (hopefully this week). Yesterday was the first relatively warm day in weeks (high 40's) so i said **** it im gonna ride it home.. couldnt stand the bike sittin down their any longer finished and collectin dust. It was at the dealers getting the backfire screen removed, valves checked and adjusted (they were off and needed shimming at 1100 miles) jet'd for BG pipe which included a dydno run, and inspection. I wanted to let every1 know that the pipe coupled with proper jetting, no backfire screen, and lower gearing (46t rear) is amazing. Its like they jacked my bike up and dropped a new one under it. The ride home was a little chilly but it was like i was in a parade.. Everyone on the street was stopping and checking the bike out and kids were pointing. definitely gets attention...

Which reminds me.. a warning to any1 that is thinking about buying this bike without getting a license or permit and riding on the street... DONT. I passed 2 cops. The first was heading towards me. He almost locked the car up when he saw me probably thinking, Dirt Bike!! Had some adrenaline when it happened but luckily he didnt stop me. The second cop saw me from a block away, a mile from my house. I was just about to hang a right to head home. He was standing on the sidewalk. When he heard me coming he took a look and did a 20 yard sprint to his car (no BS) thinking i was going to continue past him which i wasnt. I took the right and went through the gears fast and managed to actually make it home without gettin grabbed.

So im thinkin im pretty much done with hopups until the clarke tank gets released.. just wanted to let every1 know aftermarket pipe, plus lower gearing, plus no backfire screen and rejet = crazy acceleration beast.
have fun folks.. and remember, if ya dont have a permit or license stay off the streets.
lol

Old 04-12-2007, 06:27 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Final bike performance post.

What were the before and after dyno run results?

Old 04-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I didn't realize you weren't legal yet, I just assumed that everyone that buys the KLX had an endorsement. But look at me, I first got my endorsement when I was 18 back in 1982, and then decided about 8 years ago to not renew it........HUGE MISTAKE!!!! So I bought my bike back in November of 2005, and had to go through the process again. Hey Jsac, what about a permit? Have you ran out of renewals? The permit is good for 3 months at a time. Keeps you legal.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:53 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

You Americans and your wacky terminology... (no offense)
Up here in Canada, we call them drivers licenses rather than "endorsements".
In BC, you need a class 6 drivers license for a bike (class 5 for car).
Once you have your class 6 it never gets taken away (got mine at 16 yrs old and it was a cakewalk).
Nowadays it's a lot harder to get.

And the bike gets "insurance" every year (rather than a "permit"). lol @ you guys.

No doubt, you probably think our terminology is wacked.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

We call 'em drivers licenses here too, but to be legal for a motorcycle your driver's license has to include a motorcycle endorsement. Back in January of last year I got my motorcycle permit which is good for 18 months. It's an extra card that looks very similar to the driver's license. Once I take my test, I will be issued a new driver's license that will include the MC endorsement and then I can toss the permit as it will be superceded. My permit expires in July, I think so I have until then to take my test.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

what are you guys talking about endorsement..... i have a motorcycle license.... i had a motorcycle permit... i have a pa drivers license class C and M..... never herd of endorsement....

Old 04-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Good ole US of A, where all 50 states do things a little bit differently ...

Old 04-12-2007, 07:42 PM
1st Gear Member

heres the dyno graph.. was on the way out the door before when i made the original post...
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2677/dynokf3.jpg

As you can see its obvious the shown HP isnt accurate.. the bike had a brand new chain (maybe 2 miles on it) when i dropped it off to have the work done. It also had a set of brand new trakmasters on it so the results are way off. What i was more interested in was the smoothness of the after power curve.. like butter, and it shows when ya crack the throttle. When i picked the bike up the service manager told me to take it for a spin around the lot before i left. The bike easily held the front end off the ground across the parking lot with no clutch play (again drawin attention from people goin in the building).
As to the permit.. its not as easy as it once was in PA to get one.. Now they require taking a computer test to get it and im hearin the test isnt just road rules as if you have a drivers license you already know the rules. The test is supposed to be more technical MC related stuff. Im planning on taking it Tue. if everything works out right.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:47 PM
1st Gear Member

just wanted to add... the BG.. sounds AWESOME!
Altho in all honesty when riding for 30 miles at 30-40 mph i felt i could use some earplugs.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:08 PM
1st Gear Member

lol, you were lucky with the cops !

Quick Reply: Final bike performance post.