Farewell my friends...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 11:43 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Farewell my friends...

Sorry everyone, but I'm selling the 07 klx 250 on monday... I feel like you guys at KF are as close as my family. Thanks for all the help along the way. You guys helped me out when i was just a lil noob who had no idea, and now i'm doin my own valve jobs, tires, suspension, etc, etc.

The klx was my first bike i've ever owned. purchased new in august of 07 the day after my birthday. (wasnt a birthday present... well, from me to me it was, haha) and now with over 12000 miles, I feel as though its time to move on. I'm lookin more into the ktm 450's or similar size bikes. any suggestions would be great... its just that with all the road miles i put on my klx, i kinda want something that can cruze at highway speed with out feeling like i'm killing it. (i usally run the klx at around 7-8k rpm on the highway)

i probably ride about 70% road - 30% off road, so a motard set up isnt out of the question at all... i can always hook it up with some knobbies and rims...

Thanks everyone, i think i'll still be kickin it around here.... Just not as much as i used to.

see ya around!

Old 07-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Default RE: Farewell my friends...

Something along this line?
Name:  DSC02306.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  81.0 KB

Old 07-03-2008, 11:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Alright, pard. Try not to be a stranger.

If you want something that does sustained freeway speeds, my thinking is that somethingmore along the lines of a KTM 640adventure, KLR650, 650GSor the likes would be more suitable.

Just make sureto do plenty of research before buying.

Good luck! Post some pics of the new ride whenever you pick it up.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:13 PM
1st Gear Member

that bmw motoX makes me weak at the knees... i wish my bank account was that big. The klr650 just seems like, its just... its just too bulky... its not the size of the engine, but the ferrings and the general look... but thats just my personal opnion. i'm sure there good bikes.. the ktm 640 has caught my eye a few times, and i've been looking at the 525, 640, 625, and the 450. anyone find anything for sale on the east coast let me know, i searching craigs list just about every day. Will drive as far as florida or maine... headed from CT. Thanks

Old 07-03-2008, 12:52 PM
1st Gear Member

You might wan't to PM Nobrakes and see how the 450EXC does at freeway speeds. My feeling is that it's geared slightly low for that, but he's the one who knows for sure. I think the 525 has similar gearing.

ORIGINAL: pie4foou

that bmw motoX makes me weak at the knees... i wish my bank account was that big. The klr650 just seems like, its just... its just too bulky... its not the size of the engine, but the ferrings and the general look... but thats just my personal opnion. i'm sure there good bikes.. the ktm 640 has caught my eye a few times, and i've been looking at the 525, 640, 625, and the 450. anyone find anything for sale on the east coast let me know, i searching craigs list just about every day. Will drive as far as florida or maine... headed from CT. Thanks

Old 07-03-2008, 01:33 PM
1st Gear Member

well good luck mang and be safe!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

You might wan't to PM Nobrakes and see how the 450EXC does at freeway speeds. My feeling is that it's geared slightly low for that, but he's the one who knows for sure. I think the 525 has similar gearing.
The gear box on the 450 EXC is just a hair more narrow than that of the KLX, but not by much. But because of the beefier torque, it's common to run a much taller first so that in turn gives you a taller upper end also. I feel like it is almost lugging at 55 MPH in 6th with the gearing that I currently have on it. I only run it on back roads and don't really do freeway - definitely not a comfortable freeway bike.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I hear you maxx.
I started out on a xr75 and after I got the taste was on 1000cc super sports road bikes!!!
The bug gets ya and when it does, well lets just say game over.

Remember to check in from time to time.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

right on man don't be a stranger, and show us ur new sled when you get it man

Old 07-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Don't leave us man! Hey if you do end up with the KLR then you would still be here for questions.

Quick Reply: Farewell my friends...