exhaust question (dont kill me!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 08:32 PM
1st Gear Member
Default exhaust question (dont kill me!!!)

yea yea yea im expecting to hear a lot of sh*t for this but i want to hear only from people who own one of these two systems.

Big Gun full exhaust and the HMF slip-on.

i dont mind having to use the spacer on the HMF. just want to know about pros and cons the owners have run into. and would you get that same thing again if you had to get a new one. any real performance gain getting a full system over the slip on? basically is it worth the almost $200 extra?

Old 08-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: exhaust question (dont kill me!!!)

Muzzy!!

Old 08-13-2007, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member

He'll answer shortly![>:]

Old 08-13-2007, 09:10 PM
1st Gear Member

dont want a muzzy....sorry

Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 PM
1st Gear Member

I'll speak now. I have a Big Gun and can't say anything bad about it. It sounds good (to me) It fits good, the finish has stayed like new (its a year and a half old with 1600 miles.....85% trails). I won't start telling about all the power it makes because I don't know any facts to back up what I would say. But the bike did feel more powerful after putting it on. After the mods that I've done I'm pleased the power that it puts out.
I don't know if I'm the exception to the rule or in the silent majority, but I have had really good luck with the BG.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:25 PM
1st Gear Member

well you say the exhaust is good but you havnt had good luck with them...guessing their customer service isnt so good?

Old 08-13-2007, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the Big Gun EVO X full system. It's a year old, and still looks new, the fit and finish is excellent. I haven't had any problems. The "vortex insert" was supposed to be in the box but wasn't. I pitched a fit because I thought for $400 you should get all of the pieces. Big Gun sent the insert the next day, I use it as a paperweight. The pipe is loud, but I like how it sounds and none of the neighbors have complained (I leave for work at 6am). I may switch to the quiet core insert someday, and then again I may not...

Mine was purchased at www.motorcycleparts.biz. It's part number BG-10K4313. It's $390.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm still sticking with the HMF slip-on, despite the minor tweak with the mounting spacer needed - I like the cost, sound and performance, I would give it 4.5 out of 5 stars (lousy customer support takes off half of a star). [sm=smiley33.gif]

Old 08-13-2007, 10:00 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the Big Gun EVO X and had not had any problems the headpipe looks like new ,the jet hot coating is real nice....I use the Vortex tip which it came with and its not loud ...... I have 2300 miles on it .......

Old 08-13-2007, 10:24 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: justanotheradikt

well you say the exhaust is good but you havnt had good luck with them...guessing their customer service isnt so good?
I didn't mean that! My whole experience with the pipe has been a good one.

Quick Reply: exhaust question (dont kill me!!!)