Exhaust Plug

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Exhaust Plug

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY
I don't know how a Muzzy spark arrestor is configured, but the Big Gun SA screen is right at the end of the opening, so a long plug that penetrates into the pipe wouldn't work.
The Muzzy spark arrestor is basically a cup shape that sits inside the quiet core and extends inwards into the pipe. If the quiet core is not installed and only the spark arrestor, Muzzy supplied a spacer to make it sit correctly at the end cap in the absense of the quiet core. It sits down there a ways, probably would contact it at a depth of about where the rivoted Muzzy label starts, if I recall. It's been about 4 months ago since I installed mine so I'm going by memory - actual details may vary slightly with reality

Old 09-27-2006, 11:43 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

im pretty sure that the muzzy needs repacked just as often as the big gun... i was told about every 20 hours should be repacked, well im way past that on my big gun..... i think ill just let that be an over winter thing....

Old 09-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Regarding the 20 hours number, I searched on that topic back when I was trying to decide what pipe to buy and what I was told was that was 20 hours of racing, which is a lot different than 20 hours of normal road or trail riding. Under those conditions, repacking was recommended maybe once or twice a year, if that.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

thats right nobrakes.... i do remember something about racing time and regular use... im just gonna do mine over winter...

Old 09-28-2006, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm a "Set it & forget it" kind of guy ... unfortunately with my tools as well: once I set it down somewhere, I forget where I put it!

Old 09-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

So I guess I am wondering what will happen if I never do anything? I mean will it get louder? Oh darn if that happens Will it start to run bad? I guess someone here needs to do a repack of the Muzzy with full step by step pictures......Anyone?............ anyone?.................. Beuler,............Bueler............

Hey I just figured out something that might be of interest. Has anyone had a post disappear before they could actually get it posted? In other words you go to search for a picture and it takes the internet connection and goes out but then when you push the back button your post is gone? Well I just figured out that if you push the reply button again your post shows up, I guess it was there all the time. I have on more than one occasion lost a post, sometimes long posts only to have to re-write them again. Just thought you might want to know, and in the infamous words of Forest Gump, "That's all I got to say about that"

Old 09-28-2006, 03:15 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Old 09-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

so um.... why did you post that? well my big gun would kick your muzzys *** ok!!! haha.. j/k [8D]

Old 09-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525
so um.... why did you post that? well my big gun would kick your muzzys *** ok!!! haha.. j/k [8D]
Oh yeah? Well, my dad can beat up your dad

Old 09-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

haha.. ever see those bumper stickers that say "My kid can beat your honor kid's ***." hahaha

Quick Reply: Exhaust Plug