Exhaust Noise Levels

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 02:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Talking Exhaust Noise Levels

I keep seeing questions regarding aftermarket exhaust slip-ons and complete system noise levels. I'm going to keep offering or asking anyone in the Syracuse area that has an aftermarket exhaust to stop by and we can get sound level data to compare.
I have the levels for the stock exhaust, then with the HMF slip-on and then with the HMF with the quiet core insert.
These were all taken using a standard test -so we can then compare apples to apples and have an idea of the different sound levels.
I love the HMF tone and peformance improvements!
Glen

Last edited by glava2876; 10-17-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I live in Buffalo and I have the Big Gun EvoR complete system and i love the way it sounds. It is loud though.

I used to hear the tires hum on the highway. Now I just hear the exhaust.

My friend has a stock KTM 400exc and when riding you cant hear his bike when I am around.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by glava2876
I have the levels for the stock exhaust, then with the HMF slip-on and then with the HMF with the quiet core insert.

Glen
I'm too far away, so I can't help, but I'm curious...

What levels did you get? How far away from the tailpipe were you? At what rpm?

Old 10-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I'm in Washington State, hang on let me start my bike and I bet you can hear the Muzzy from there.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Could you post what your "standard" test is so that we know what your reference data/point is? I have a sound meter and am interested in comparing my Thai Spec bikes stock exhaust to the 2BR M7 after I finish my break-in.

Eric

Old 10-27-2008, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pseacraft
Could you post what your "standard" test is so that we know what your reference data/point is? I have a sound meter and am interested in comparing my Thai Spec bikes stock exhaust to the 2BR M7 after I finish my break-in.

Eric
Big difference. The M7 should be up over 100db. It's one of the louder pipes on the market.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:20 AM
1st Gear Member

I have a procircuit t-4 and you can hear me in tampa when I start my bike up. You might be able to hear it deej

Old 10-28-2008, 06:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tremor38
Big difference. The M7 should be up over 100db. It's one of the louder pipes on the market.
I have a real POS expat neighbor who likes to throw rocks at the kids playing in the area because they are "too noisy". I heard he was throwing rocks at my 3 year old the other day...wrong answer sport! I live in a small village where everyone knows whats happening. So I am looking forward to making some noise.

I also have the P4 tip in case the local law decide I am too loud which is easily resolved with some Johnny W.... There are a lot of 2 smokes running around so should not be an issue anyway.

Eric

Old 10-28-2008, 09:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pseacraft
I have a real POS expat neighbor who likes to throw rocks at the kids playing in the area because they are "too noisy". I heard he was throwing rocks at my 3 year old the other day...Eric
Throwing rocks at a 3 year old? Whatta freakin loser!

Old 10-29-2008, 02:13 AM
1st Gear Member

i just put the p4 on and its way different, i was annoyed at the m7's loudness but now i miss it, gonna have to go back to just the screen

Quick Reply: Exhaust Noise Levels