Enduro

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 12:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Gary C, I gather your from this area.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GaryC
If you do that, you leave on the last line and won't have a bunch of A,B,C riders up your *** in the tight sections.
They are some impatient little fellars, aren't they? Good advice. My experience with enduros in the Pine Barrens years ago was that 28" wide handlebars were as much as you could get away with in the tight stuff. Don't know if that still applies or not.

Enjoy and let us know.

Tom

Old 10-28-2013, 08:19 PM
1st Gear Member

maquette: I'm going off midway through the class "C" so thankfully the impatient little fellers will be ahead of me. Also I have the stock bars on my bike and never had any issues on single track trails. I know a few guys that have cut theirs down, but I haven't found the need to do so (yet).

Old 10-29-2013, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pine Barrens
maquette: I'm going off midway through the class "C" so thankfully the impatient little fellers will be ahead of me. Also I have the stock bars on my bike and never had any issues on single track trails. I know a few guys that have cut theirs down, but I haven't found the need to do so (yet).
Good luck, hope you have a good set of bark busters. There is a section called "The stick farm". and you will want 29" bars if you plan to get through that without paddling your feet and burning your clutch.
The stick farm is a section of entirely pine saplings 1 to 2 inches diameter, semi flexible but strong enough to catch you, stop you, and then launch you backwards where you came from. But,,, it's all fun. what tires do you run for the sugar sand? The trackmasters are OK, it is what I run but i'm not fast.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:07 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Pine barons Sugar Sand

Some times you will be blasting a sandy road at 50-60mph and then your front end washes when you hit the sugar. Watch the front end on this video.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Gary C: I am good with Moose Racing bark busters and I got the sugar sand down pat since I put the TrakMaster II's on with the tire pressure between 12 and 15 lbs, twist the wrist, I have no problems. I’m getting pretty excited about doing this.
The area in your video looks like the trails in and around Warren Grove. I’m in West Creek where do you live?

Old 10-30-2013, 12:11 AM
1st Gear Member

I am almost 2 hours north of the Pines in Woodbridge Twp.
I ride quite a bit in the pines though, I will be riding sweep for the Pine Barons 300 in a couple of weeks. You might want to sign up for the Hammer run and the PB300, you will like them both. Hammer is more challenging and the PB300 is a blast on the smaller bike.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:02 PM
1st Gear Member

300 miles is a little much for me. Sounds interesting but my torn up body will not survive. You didn't say where the video was taken.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I finished the Enduro without "hour" ing out. It was the most wooped up trails I have ever ridden. The damn woops had woops! I have to say the KLX held up remarkably. 70 miles in 5 hours. I can't believe it survived some of the crashes I had though it sure could use some suspension.
I don't remember it being this tough forty years ago. I came away sore as hell, with a few bumps and bruises, and the satisfaction of finishing. My son finished and my buddy rode the last six miles on a flat rear tire. Taking some Motrin and icing the knee as I type. I won't know my placing until they post I up on their web site. This was an exhausting but great day. Thanks for all the good advice!

Old 11-10-2013, 09:54 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pine Barrens
I finished the Enduro without "hour" ing out. It was the most wooped up trails I have ever ridden. The damn woops had woops! I have to say the KLX held up remarkably. 70 miles in 5 hours. I can't believe it survived some of the crashes I had though it sure could use some suspension.
I don't remember it being this tough forty years ago. I came away sore as hell, with a few bumps and bruises, and the satisfaction of finishing. My son finished and my buddy rode the last six miles on a flat rear tire. Taking some Motrin and icing the knee as I type. I won't know my placing until they post I up on their web site. This was an exhausting but great day. Thanks for all the good advice!
LOL!...sounds like the typical end of a great enduro.

Quick Reply: Enduro