EMS_0525 gave me an idea..

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Default EMS_0525 gave me an idea..

Out of curiosity EMS asked me what I do for a living-I'm a Chippendales dancer of course [sm=noooo.gif]-and it gave me the idea to ask everyone what they do to support their KLX addiction. We all know that Deej has the cushiest job here..man what a life that guy has.. Anyway, while Deej is living the good life in Forks, sitting at his computer all day putting posts on the KLX forums..I'm working for "the man", sweating and slaving, being poked by management with cattle prods, not being allowed to eat or drink for 12 hours..while Deej is in the lush forest of the Olympic Peninsula..sleeping[sm=wakeup.gif]..or maybe riding his KLX...Sorry I slipped off into "job envy" for a second. I work on a Recovery Boiler for Boise Cascade Corp.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Default RE: EMS_0525 gave me an idea..

Kona, I'm a chiropractor/chiropractic neurologist, and I own a clinic/day spa/salon. I'm also a bit of an inventor & entepreneur, and have started designing and patenting things that a friend and I work on. One of the fun tools I use for that is a Plasmacam, which is a cnc controlled plasma cutter. So, we can make cool stuff out of steel. Here's one pic of something I make:
doc

[IMG]local://upfiles/2327/ABC7EF0F041A4F9F923886C75F29A4E4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Edit: information repeated elsewhere

Old 07-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I work for a civil engineering firm. I am a drafter/designer. I have worked on sewage treatment plants, sewer systems, water treatment plants, water lines, water storage tanks, water lines, bridge replacements, earthwork for the sewage treatment plants, restraining rods for 42" pipe, and stupid stuff like sidewalk replacement for different townships. Most of our clients are municipalities and authorities. ( when i say "work" on i mean design and draw up all the plans needed for construction. i work on autocad 2007, land desktop and civl 3d
some of the stuff i work on and design, this is west view water authority water treatment plant.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:56 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Sweet, nobrakes, I think I saw that autonomous vehicle race across the desert on TV!

I'm a software test analyst... Mostly a desk job that involves installing, testing and troubleshooting in-house developed web applications.
We are mostly a microsoft shop, with Windows Server 2003, IIS 6, SQL Server 2000/2005, etc.
Makes me fat and lazy, but the pay is great!

Old 07-14-2006, 08:29 PM
1st Gear Member

What an interesting group here.

I'm an aircraft parts broker or sourcer. When corporate jets break down away from home base, they will pay top dollar for parts to be overnighted. When they can't find what they need they contact me and I work with about 100 repair facilities + a couple of manufacturers to locate, mark-up and deliver the goods. All of my work is via telephone, and I work from home mostly.

I'm also pursuing a business venture with a friend of mine who is the sole distributer in the US for a new low frequency electronic stimulation muscle therapy. I have absolutely no experince in the medical field. We have reps with backgrounds in sports medicine to work as technical and sales reps. The device is small, compact, inexpensive and sold over the counter. I have used it on muscle aches after riding and yard work, it truly does work.

Doc, we have been sending samples to chiropractors for feedback. If you would like to receive some samples, please PM me with your address.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Ok first of all you gotta make your pics smaller, but the first thing I noticed of course is how clean that place is, very nice.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Well there is alot of diversity of employment out there. So I guess I will add my simple job to the list. I work for the US Goverment..... as a Staff Sergent in the ARMY. I currently work at FT. Bragg, North Carolina at WOMAK Army Medical Center. The clinic I used to work in was Physical Exams.... however, I was just moved to the new NCO in charge of the ..... yep you guessed it the OB/GYN CLINIC. I have been doing the ARMY thing for about 16 years.. I will be getting out for good soon and getting a job as a salesman for Kawasaki...LOL... Not to mention im only 37 years old.... Thats it I think..

Old 07-14-2006, 11:44 PM
1st Gear Member

I guess I can weigh in on this one. I own and manage a truck and trailer service shop. We do maintenance and repair on Class 8 vehicles all the way down to pickup trucks. Also upfit trucks with aftermarket equipment, i.e. dump bodies, service bodies, snowplows, platforms,etc.

Old 07-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kawi Wawi
Sweet, nobrakes, I think I saw that autonomous vehicle race across the desert on TV!
That was us - or one of them was us, anyway. Our robot was based on a 1987 Chevy Suburban 4WD. We eventually had a mechanical failure which took us out. Our differential was having some issues in that old truck and eventually we think it popped out of gear at the transfer case, leaving us dead in the water, or desert, as it were.

Quick Reply: EMS_0525 gave me an idea..