DynoJet Results

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 05:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: DynoJet Results

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy.
Order some kit not even made for your bike, with jets that next to no one on this site knows anything about is disaster in the works.
You should do more research. Theres plenty of people that have used the kit here.

By your logic only 2 jets in the kit are a waste. Big deal. You're also paying for the needle, which works great on the bike.

If you're so concerned about saving 10 or 20 bucks, get another hobby this one is not for you. It's expensive and thats the bottom line.

Some people never change I guess.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member

I am running a DJ kit, 132 main, 7/64ths slide drill (remember to not cover the hole with the white plastic when reassembling), clip on #4, FS 2.5 turns out, *cut open the airbox, drilled baffles out to 1 3/8 inches, iridium plug, 13 tooth CS and I have absolutely no complaints regarding performance.

My first thought is perhaps they put the wrong jet in the wrong bag? in the kit...mine came with the same jets, all individually packaged..perhaps just a packaging error? Can u tell the difference by looking at them?..just a thought.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:05 PM
1st Gear Member

They are engraved on the actual jet the size of them too, at least mine were...

Old 10-19-2007, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Mud -

I have a 132 for sure unless they engraved it wrong.

Also, the size is what DJ called for, but I thought I would be more restricted than their open airbox / no endcap set up and possibly need a smaller main.

And, my perceived lack of upper RPM power as I go up in gears may just be due to it being a 250. It just doesn't "zing" to redline in 4th, 5th and 6th like it does in 1st and 2nd. Of course some of that is to be expected, and perhapsall of that may have nothing to do with the jettingand everyhting due to ccs.

If you don't mind, do the wide open throttle the plug check and tell me what color yours is.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:16 PM

I guess this would be called the "I'm not sure why my bike runs okay and I'm not sure what jet to use to try and improve it, but it does" thread, eh?

sam- my recommendations are littered all over this forum regarding what I did to my bike. It would do 3rd gear wheelies and bounce off the rev limiter at will. Keihin jets, N1TC needle.

You're right, some people never change and it's sad since so many are wasting so much time and money trying to tune their bikes.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Stellar,

I don't recall whereI got my kit at the moment, but it was one of the legit merchants that you all use. Did I just type "you all"?! Crap. 18 years in the South and now I can't even type!

Oh, and thanks for the input BTW.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:40 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy.

I guess this would be called the "I'm not sure why my bike runs okay and I'm not sure what jet to use to try and improve it, but it does" thread, eh?

sam- my recommendations are littered all over this forum regarding what I did to my bike. It would do 3rd gear wheelies and bounce off the rev limiter at will. Keihin jets, N1TC needle.

You're right, some people never change and it's sad since so many are wasting so much time and money trying to tune their bikes.
iowa,

Wasn't me who asked you to change.

Call the thread whatever you want. I just thought I'd share my Dynojet observations and get some feedback. Never cried like I was in distress.

Now since you cannot provide any usefull information on DJ other than you believe Keihin to be far superior in every measurable way, all I'm asking of the Keihin King is to give me the specific Keihin answer, given the particulars of my bike.

Tomorrow I'll be at the Loretto Lynn trail ride in TN. Maybe I'll see another member there and compare bikes and notes. If not, I'll just have fun.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:15 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sam83
Tomorrow I'll be at the Loretto Lynn trail ride in TN. Maybe I'll see another member there and compare bikes and notes. If not, I'll just have fun.
Good to see you're still here, don't let Iowa get under your skin. He's our resident Napoleon Complex Troll who doesn't even owna klx or any bike for that matter. One week his former klx runs like it's on nitrousthen the next week it's a dog and a drz sm is the only way to go. whatever.

Have fun riding this weekend, I will be too.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:51 AM

actually, they both ran like they were on nitrous to be honest. it's just that the DRZ had WAY more of it.
Sam- do a search if you're that adament about switching everything back to Keihin components.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member

If you ask me you are way too rich. Yes a white plug henerally means lean but your settings make no sense & youshould not be ruinning that much jetting on your setup. I have the same carb settings in the DJ kit as you except I have a PC 496, no lid at all, & 300cc at the same elevation as you. There is no way we should be at the same jetting.

A 1/2" drill bit is not going to give you the same flow as a KLX 300 muffler or any other muffler & you are running the KDX snorkel so you are not as opened up as you should be for that jetting. You are runnign the DJ recommended jetting for way more flow than you have--why? FWIW the KLX 300 muffler has a 1.5" opening (& there are more differences) & you only have a tiny 1/2". The airbox is to be run with no lid at this jetting also & you are running a snorkel.

Going to Kehin is going to solve nothing. They are just pieces of brass with holes in them & you already have the better needle (DJ). If you follow the Kehein specs you are still way rich. I ran a 125 Kehein main & NT1C needle on the second groove & was not lean. Plus I had more exhaust & airbox than you do. The 132 DJ main you are running is huge, the DJ sizes are BIGGER than the Kehein sizes. Beware, ome of the loudest voices have not even seen the DJ kit & should be taken as such.

So, scale back the jetting & get rid of that muffler ASAP.

I'd start at the DJ 124 & maybe scale back from there even. Lower then needle also.

Quick Reply: DynoJet Results