5) KDX200 Snorkel
6) 1/2" hole drilled in the first baffle plate in the stockmuffler
7) Slide vent hole drilled out to 7/64ths
8) Pilot air screw out 2.5 turns
9)DJ needle, clip@ #4
10) DJ132 main jet
11) Iridium plug

I'm between 950 and1000 feet elevation.

The bike starts and idles great. Overall runs better, sounds better, but it just feels like it wants to give me more, but can't! (Problem is my stable includes many different bikes that I ride regularly so my butt dyno is in poor calibration! I'm sure you all feel sorry for me!)

The top end gets progressively weaker as I go up in gears, but better than stock.

Did the plug check and was surprised that it was white. So I did it again. Yep. White.

Looks like I might need to go up in the main a step or two. Was really surprised as the 132 was the largest that came with the DJ KLX 300 kit and I didn't really consider my mods too extreme.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:54 AM
Default RE: DynoJet Results

Gut that stock pipe out ALL THE WAY! You'll be glad you did.. This is how,
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_192966/tm.htm
Night and day difference.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:57 AM

you can also go for the big gun full system,or muzzy or fmf.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Just remember that the DJ jet sizes are different from factory replacement. A 132 DJ is not the same as a 132 Kehin.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Not investing in an aftermarket exhaust, at least not right now.

How many baffles are there in the stock exhaust?

I know that jets are not exactly the same. But what I thought was interesting is that it seems that with the minor changes I've made that I would need a bigger jet than DJ included in their kit for the KLX300 (included 120, 124, 128 and 132).

Old 10-19-2007, 01:59 AM

that's why you should've gotten the keihin jets and the awesome N1TC adjustable needle individually and saved a lot of bucks in the process. I'm sure someone with DJets can help you though. This is why I always recommend NOT buying this kit as most of its parts are useless and you will still have to buy more jets while the ones in the kit sit useless. Plus, you have no basis for comparing since so few have the DJ kit.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:11 AM
1st Gear Member

So if he goes and buys a keihin jet and discovers that it is also not the right size, what use is it? none, its useless, and now you have to order another one to try. at least with the DJ most of us can play around.

Sam as far as I know theres 2 plates in the muffler, you can get like a 12 inch 1/2 drill bit to get at it I think. Also you could go with a slipon exhaust which are cheaper than the full systems.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy.

that's why you should've gotten the keihin jets and the awesome N1TC adjustable needle individually and saved a lot of bucks in the process. I'm sure someone with DJets can help you though. This is why I always recommend NOT buying this kit as most of its parts are useless and you will still have to buy more jets while the ones in the kit sit useless. Plus, you have no basis for comparing since so few have the DJ kit.
Thanks for your input again. And again.

Consider this my little contribution to the forum for those interested in the DJ kits. And technically most parts are not useless. Of course I used the 132, the needle, the clip and 2 spacers. As my butt isn't the best dyno and I'mused to riding 130 HP cycles among others, the results may actuallybe fantastic for a 250. The kit also included the drill bit for the fuel screw plug and plug removal screw. I personally didn't need, but used because it was convenient. A nice touch to add. And it also included the slide drill bit, which I did use. Again, a nice touch.

Before I cash in my FREE DYNO RUN COUPON that came with the kit (participating shop is 50 miles from home), I just need to decide which extra jets I want to get for $2 a piece, if any.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Sam I can't figure out why you are running lean, you shouldn't be....especially with the stock exhaust.

Iowa, the dyno jet needle is considered an upgradefrom the stock klx 300 N1TCneedle (especially by dynojet), the kit was designed fora klx 300.... btw that dyno needle has a sweet taper.

Are you sure you got the right kit Sam,if I remember correctly the dynojet jet size numbers were a lot higher than the keihin #'s and caused a lot of controversy until we figured it out. With a stock piston a keihin 128 should be rich with stock exhaust (even after drilling it out), I think that a keihin 128 would be a high 30s dynojet main, but I'm not sure.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:36 AM
1st Gear Member

DJ2206 KLX300

Yes. The kit acually calls for a 132 at my elevation, but with the airbox lid removed and stock exhaust "with the endcap off".

Quick Reply: DynoJet Results