Dynojet Kit: please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 06:18 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Dynojet Kit: please help!

Hi all,

I bought the Dynojet kit to rejet the carb. I'm stuck with the needle part.

According to the instructions for Stage Two:

Install the Dynojet needle on groove #3 from the top. Install the small Dynojet washers above the e-clip.

Problem: the instructions don't say how many washers. They simply use the plural form.

The figure A shows 2 washers. But the kit contains 3 washers.

How many washers am I supposed to use?

Please help!

I need to put the carb back first thing tomorrow morning.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-02-2009, 07:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I have the same kit but mine only came with two washers just like the drawing. Mine works excellently with two ontop of the E clip. Drill out that slide hole thats right next to the needle hole since you already have it taken apart. Use a 7/64" drill bit, you will not be dissappointed!

Old 08-02-2009, 08:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by slippery750
I have the same kit but mine only came with two washers just like the drawing. Mine works excellently with two ontop of the E clip. Drill out that slide hole thats right next to the needle hole since you already have it taken apart. Use a 7/64" drill bit, you will not be dissappointed!
Don't drill anything before you tell us which dynojet kit you have. That drill bit is not for drilling slide holes.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Cool! You should be right, I have checked the instructions for other different models and it's always 2 washers. As in the picture.

They should have got 3 in the kit just to makes sure. The third one maybe it's a spare one.

Thank you so much for confirming this!

Old 08-02-2009, 01:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by je2000
Don't drill anything before you tell us which dynojet kit you have. That drill bit is not for drilling slide holes.
No worries, the kit comes with a 5/32 drill bit to get rid of the plug on top of the mixture screw. I turn it clock wise until lightly seated and then back 3 turns.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey I have another question for slippery750: did you have to do a lot of sync once you put the rejetted carb back on the motorcycle?

What do I need to expect. Just readjusting the idle?

Old 08-02-2009, 04:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Blue, yelllow and red tubes under the tank. Which is which?

Old 08-02-2009, 05:38 PM
1st Gear Member

You shouldn't have to do anything but throw it back on... yeah the idle may need a little adjusting but wait until the bike is fully warmed up to adjust the idle.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffsta
You shouldn't have to do anything but throw it back on... yeah the idle may need a little adjusting but wait until the bike is fully warmed up to adjust the idle.
Mounted everything back. The pipes from the tank were color coded. No problem.

The bike started right away!!!!!

Good sign. Now I'll test ride it. Be back in a while.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:46 PM
1st Gear Member

It runs and feels great. One question though: I switch to Res after only 65 miles. I usually do after 80ish.

I might have lost some gas from the tank during the job. I hope. Otherwise the mileage decrease would be scary.

I put a 124 main jet.

What's your take? How many miles you do with a tank before switching to Res?

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Dynojet Kit: please help!