DRC Edge2 LED tail light

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 01:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Default DRC Edge2 LED tail light

DRCoffers this lightin two configurations. The 'Edge' is the tail light assembly alone. I think itcomes with a license plate bracket and turn signal stays are separate.It is more flexible as far aswhich fenders it can be mounted to. I opted for the'Edge2' because it comeswithmoledplastic fixture that servesas a mounting adapter and licence plate holder....andit bolts directly to the bottom of the D-Tracker rear fender. All of theEdge tail lights areavailable stateside. http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/s...&cat_id=72

Had to move the plate over to accomodate my 'Howitzer'Somehow I doubt any of you will have the same problem

A couple ofnight shots to try to depict how much light it puts out. All I can say is that the pictures don't do it justice..this sucker is bright! Note theclear lens at the bottomforplate illumination.

Brakes off:

Brakes on:

My apologies for no in process photos, but I was fighting for daylight and had to redo the splices when the cheap ones that came with the unit failed (NAPA to the rescue!). Anyway, I ran the wires all the way to the connector underneath the seat. The wiring that came with the light hada nice protective sheathwith length to spare.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: DRC Edge2 LED tail light

I like that!! looks good man.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Interesting.... I wonder if it is brighter than the Baja Design tail light and if it mounts as well with the Maier MX rear fender?

Old 10-29-2007, 04:06 PM
1st Gear Member

i like it!! looks sweet

Old 10-29-2007, 04:29 PM

interesting that you post that, because that's the first thing I bought for my DRZSM. The Edge 1 is what I had as it fits the DRZ fender better than the Edge 2. I did not know they were available for the KLX, are you sure they are? Because, I will buy one as they are built using nice strong aluminum and look real nice. I posted some pics of mine on here I believe.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:09 PM
1st Gear Member

I used the Edge tail light with the aluminum hardwareand a Maier rear fender. It's designed for a DRZ, but the rear two bolts align perfectly with holes already drilled in our subframe. I didn't try it with the factory fender, but it makes a clean install with the Maier. You will need to cut off the luggage rack mount for this retrofit, but with the Maier, you don't need the bracket anyway. You can always weld it back on later if you want to put the bike back to original. The DRC turn signals are a nice compliment to the arrangement too. You will need to drill your tag or fabricate an adaptor for the tag mount. Neither is a big deal at all.

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma

Old 10-29-2007, 08:37 PM

yeah, instead of installing mine sideways like tremor did, i drilled thru my plate and mounted it straight on.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Do you have any pics of your install Iowaguy? You can PM or email them to me if you have any.

Thanks

Old 10-29-2007, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Look's great Dean, the one i have filled up with mud and water the first time out,
i had to take it all apart clean it with a tooth brush then seal it with silicone.
And that one look;s nice and bright too.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: bryantjt

Do you have any pics of your install Iowaguy? You can PM or email them to me if you have any.

Thanks
yep, I'll post them later on this evening. I gotta run to parent/teacher conferences right now.

Quick Reply: DRC Edge2 LED tail light