Dragoo/Shadetree in World Competition...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 11:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Bill, You are the Man!!!! Good luck!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Hats off to you Bill.
What an adventure.
Good Luck and ride safe.....

Old 08-27-2008, 03:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey, It's great to see all my rowdy friends coming out of the woodwork! I leave for Spartanburg at 8:40 tomorrow morning. We should know the results Thursday. I'll get back online as soon as I can and let you all know how it went...unless I drown in my own sorrow and can't type anymore.

Here's my last blog entry before leaving for the competition:
http://www.bmwxplor.com/riders/Shadetree

Thanks, gang.

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma

Old 08-28-2008, 04:53 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Bill, I'm going to make this thread a sticky for a little while. Hope you don't mind. Don't want this to drop off to page 2.

BTW, we need an update, hint hint.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Hey Bill, I'm going to make this thread a sticky for a little while. Hope you don't mind. Don't want this to drop off to page 2.

BTW, we need an update, hint hint.
Good one Brian.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:09 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Good luck Bill, you make us proud just to know you. No matter what happens we are each in some small way living through you and your experiences. Take care and be as safe as you can. Talk to you soon.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Bill, just read your blog entry. Sorry about not making the cut. Sounds like you had a blast though and the thrill of a lifetime. See ya when the cooler weather gets here!

http://www.bmwxplor.com/riders/Shadetree/blog/show/1015

Old 09-01-2008, 04:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey, Guys. Sorry to let everyone down. The deal is, I rode pretty dang good. Most agreed I was easily in the top three and my score supported that. I goofed big time in the sand extraction test. I am not a big GS rider...only had a few hours training. The others except for Brianne have considerable boxer experience. I fought that beast getting unstuck, when I really just needed to pivot the danged thing on the head and ride it out. I've practiced levering it out in dry sand with good success, so didn't learn the next step. Anyway, I lost my cool. I'd done so well until then I was humiliated to be struggling and let it show. I also thought I had a poor spot since my place, deepest in the pit, was uphill and the hole I was in was filling with water as fast as I could lift the rear wheel. I made a comment, "That hole is filled with water. Put me on the other end and I'll get the bike out." Nothing major, but poor sportsmanship all the same. I had trained for everything but losing. My bad big time. That set the judges against me to the extent that a close finish cost me the spot. Lesson learned and honestly, it's fine. I had a great time and met some fantastic guys and gals. I wouldn't trade it. Thanks to you all for your support and prayers. I hope to be back next year! Here are some photos and a link to my blog for the latest updates.
http://albums.phanfare.com/3784232/2...ageID=44957973
http://www.bmwxplor.com/riders/Shadetree

Old 09-01-2008, 04:24 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Bill, thanks for the update! I had already read your blog entry. You sure are a man of many talents! That is some good writing as well as riding. I also appreciate your honesty, but don't beat yourself up too bad. Just being there to compete is a victory in itself. I'm sure I speak for most when I say that we are honored to call you a member here.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks, Brian. Of course it was a huge disappointment, but it won't steal my joy. There are so many awesome things going on right now that this will soon fade into the past. Like out your way, Fall brings out the dual sporters and I'm looking forward to the rides. Arkansas, Eastern Oklahoma, even Colorado have a bunch of great things coming up. I hope I can make several of them. I am signed up for the 25th Anniversary of Barstow to Vegas over Thanksgiving and Susan and I have a trip planned to New England as soon as my F800GS arrives and is broken in. Probably early October. Lots to write about for sure.

Bill

Quick Reply: Dragoo/Shadetree in World Competition...