Dirtwise Riding School, anyone done it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 11:58 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Dirtwise Riding School, anyone done it?

I've been watching and rewatching Shane Watts videos, and practicing skills he lays out. They've been extremely helpful to my dirt riding.
Now I see he will have a class a few hours from here! I want to do it, but will go broke paying for it.
I'm fine with being broke, just would like some input on how much you got out of it, on top of the videos.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Where and when is the class taking place?

Old 06-27-2012, 07:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes, I have been to Shanes class three times, I can say each time has been great fum and I ride much better. Shane is one of the best guys you will ever spend ridding time with. In his class there mey be pros ridding with you, but Shane will spend as much time with you as he dose with the Pros. You cant go wrong in taking his class. I will sign up again next year. Shane is such a nice guy its wearth the time just to spend the day with him.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:30 PM
1st Gear Member

OK, I'll do it. That is just the type of response I was hoping for, all I want is to get better. The guy I rode with last weekend was impressed with my skills (I didn't realize I had any) and said I'd be really good if I kept riding (which I plan on doing until I'm dead - totally hooked on dirt). I figured riding under Shane's eye might do me good.
I'll be happy if I get an 1/8th as good as he is at riding, but that will take some time!

The class I want to take is in Mass in Aug, check out his site for your location. shanewatts.com

Old 06-27-2012, 11:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Cool thanks. There's a tentative one scheduled in Northern CA in December. Maybe Santa will get me one.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I have not been to his training but tried to work one of his TX classes in and could not get off work. He's very friendly and answered my emails quickly. I plan on attending soon when work permits.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Good for you I am sure that you will get better with Shanes guidence.
For the rest of you that are thinking about or trying to get in his class you will not regret
the time and effert that you spend.

We can all use some help.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:41 PM
1st Gear Member

The world's finest athletes have coaches. Learning good techniques make your sport more fun and safer.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:47 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm hoping the experience leads to less dirt napping. Had a few today, well 5-6 actually, but 4 were in the same spot. It was after lunch and a small hill just decided to kick my ***.
Looking for a lighter bike, the KLX gets heavy after picking it up four times in less than 3 minutes, the KTM 300 EXC looks good, especially used.
But first I've got to let Shane help me get better, then maybe I won't need a lighter bike, and it's cheaper than a bike.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:57 PM
1st Gear Member

I took his class 3 years ago. It was worth the time and money.

Quick Reply: Dirtwise Riding School, anyone done it?