Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   De-badge bike/cut rear fender (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/de-badge-bike-cut-rear-fender-35580/)

azdeuce 05-15-2011 12:32 AM

De-badge bike/cut rear fender

Just seeing if anyone has taken there Kawasaki sticker off the tank...and seeing if any one has cut there long rear fender mud guard under there plate...Pics please...TY

linkin5 05-15-2011 01:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've cut my fender, not the best pic but you can see it.

linkin5 05-15-2011 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the other side.

azdeuce 05-15-2011 02:19 AM

yeap thats what I want to do...what did you use to cut it..and is your plate in the stock place.looks like you took the reflectors off too...I just got the bike so I will cut it up in a day or too...

2veedubs 05-15-2011 04:53 AM

I cut the fender down and on the stock plate mount you can cut off the reflectors and invert the mount to put the plate closer to the tailight. It looks good.

linkin5 05-15-2011 07:56 PM

I used an air cut off tool but anything that cuts will work, ie: you could do it with a hack saw. I took some sand paper and a block and cleaned up the final product and it looks like it came that way. Yea I lost the reflectors also as less is more on a little bike.

rgoers 05-20-2011 05:13 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well, you guys inspired me...

I did the tail bob on my '09 this morning. Took some pics along the way, so you can kinda see what I did. I just used a hack saw and a drill-mounted drum sander, and it came out pretty decent. :cool:

I just took a silver Sharpie and drew a line on the underside of the fender from dimple to dimple, and just cut it straight across. You can see that I was going to taper it from the one picture (silver lines, but no cuts), but decided not to. I put a small radius on the edges. I thought it looked better that way so I skipped cutting the angles. I screwed the plate bracket to a 2x6 for cutting, and again, used my trusty hack saw. I did touch up the bare metal with some Epoxy paint so it won't rust... not that anything really rusts here in Utah.

rgoers 05-20-2011 05:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are the rest of the pictures...

I did the plate bracket flip as suggested by others, and I attached the plate with some SS rivets. Shouldn't come off now! :D

I also ditched the front side reflectors while I was at it. Now, it it would ever stop raining and *snowing* :eek:, I might be able to get some riding in...

ns503 05-20-2011 09:50 PM

I did mine freehand with a recip saw (wide fine tooth blade), cleaned up the edges with a flat file. Looks great & only took 5 minutes.

rgoers 05-20-2011 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by ns503 (Post 445194)
I did mine freehand with a recip saw (wide fine tooth blade), cleaned up the edges with a flat file. Looks great & only took 5 minutes.

I get every other Friday off... what else was I gonna do to kill a couple hours? :rolleyes: