cut and drilled stock exhaust vid

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 09:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default cut and drilled stock exhaust vid

we all know what the untouched one sounds like[] .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Kj52N3nUQ

Old 04-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Default RE: cut and drilled stock exhaust vid

Well my 1/2" drilling job didn't do that, I think I need to get craftsman tools for a better job next time. Wow that is huge man lol. Im gonna keep my stock exhaust with the small 1/2" drill in there just in case the epa goes crazy or something, you never know. Until that time Muzzy will be on mine.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Thats wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to noisy for me

Old 04-04-2006, 12:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey thats pretty cool. Can you post one with the bike revving a little? do you notice any h.p. gain with the exhaust like that? thanks.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:01 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MaverickAus

Thats wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to noisy for me
its really not that noisy,my 110cc pit bike is louder

Old 04-04-2006, 07:10 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: poodlenuts
That is why it is important to do a controlled test, record the reference (stock), then the modified, everything done the same between the recordings as much as possible - same microphone, microphone in the same position and distance away, even do the same duration and same variety of RPM settings - like a script. Only then can you use the recording as a comparison. A single recording without a comparison for reference is not very useful other than getting the overall character of the sound. While that's nice, it doesn't tell a lot about the loudness. We all know what our bikes sound like, of course, but a recording is a totally different experience - you really need a before and after recording to allow a third party to make a comparison between the two.

That is a pretty interesting sound coming from your pipe. I kinda like it.

I hope Gravy Train comes through with the before and after with the Muzzy setup. I'm very much looking forward to hearing the difference.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:12 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onestarr99

Hey thats pretty cool. Can you post one with the bike revving a little? do you notice any h.p. gain with the exhaust like that? thanks.
sure can [sm=smiley2.gif] the stock pipe is crap, drilling it really helped it out a lot

Old 04-04-2006, 07:21 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

That is why it is important to do a controlled test, record the reference (stock), then the modified, everything done the same between the recordings as much as possible - same microphone, microphone in the same position and distance away, even do the same duration and same variety of RPM settings - like a script. Only then can you use the recording as a comparison. A single recording without a comparison for reference is not very useful other than getting the overall character of the sound. While that's nice, it doesn't tell a lot about the loudness. We all know what our bikes sound like, of course, but a recording is a totally different experience - you really need a before and after recording to allow a third party to make a comparison between the two.

That is a pretty interesting sound coming from your pipe. I kinda like it.

I hope Gravy Train comes through with the before and after with the Muzzy setup. I'm very much looking forward to hearing the difference.

sorry at the time I wasnt thinking about a controlled test,all I had on my mind was cut and drill so she can breath.[sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 04-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

sorry at the time I wasnt thinking about a controlled test,all I had on my mind was cut and drill so she can breath.[sm=bangbang.gif]
Not at all! What you posted was very good, it was an excellent recording - thanks for sharing that. Like I said, it does sound pretty cool.

Old 04-04-2006, 05:07 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: incabiker

Well my 1/2" drilling job didn't do that, I think I need to get craftsman tools for a better job next time. Wow that is huge man lol. Im gonna keep my stock exhaust with the small 1/2" drill in there just in case the epa goes crazy or something, you never know. Until that time Muzzy will be on mine.
theres was two baffle plates to drill out,I couldnt see the second one till after I removed the 1/2in end tube and plate.

Quick Reply: cut and drilled stock exhaust vid