Cruising speed with BB 351

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 12:45 PM
1st Gear Member

DJ kit:
As Marcelino said, the DJ price seems high for a handful of man jets. But the most effective and special part is the needle, which I haven't seen available except in the kit. Maybe think of it as paying $45 for a great needle, and another $15 or so for a handfull of jets, drill bits, and great instructions.

I bought mine from my local independent shop. He gives great prices; better than ANY online location (ebay, amazon, direct from dynojet, etc).

Old 07-09-2011, 01:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Watch Ebay - there are buys on there once in awhile. I got a complete DJ kit and 3 oil filters together for less that what I've seen the kit advertised for. Might have even come from someone on here? Anyway, as someone else also said, it also comes in a real neat little jet box that I now keep all my carb bits in, tucked away so I know exactly where they're at. If you only need a jet or two, and know exactly which ones, by all means go get them at a dealer.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
DJ kit:
As Marcelino said, the DJ price seems high for a handful of man jets. But the most effective and special part is the needle, which I haven't seen available except in the kit. Maybe think of it as paying $45 for a great needle, and another $15 or so for a handfull of jets, drill bits, and great instructions.

I bought mine from my local independent shop. He gives great prices; better than ANY online location (ebay, amazon, direct from dynojet, etc).
I totally agree with you , the CVK comes with a fixed position needle . If the regular jets are 5 bucks a pop you could expand your collection of pilots and mains to 40 - 50 bucks worth , it never hurts to have the right one on hand .
The FCR does come with the adjustable needle from the factory .

Old 07-10-2011, 04:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
DJ kit:

Ok, your post is going to make me ask ANOTHER QUESTION SORRY! What is the drill bits for. I know the instuctions will tell me, but just want to know ahead of time. Thanks.

Do I ask to many questions? I'm really trying to keep all of my questions in 1 thread becasue this way I think people will be able to follow my future project. Maybe someone else will get valuable info this way. Should I be making new treads everytime I have a question or just keep going like I am.

Last edited by 2007 Green Machine; 07-10-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007 Green Machine
What are the drill bits for ?
I hope IDRIDR doesn't mind if I answer: to drill out the brass cover of the air/fuel adjustment screw, and to drill a hole in the "slide". SOME people choose to put a lighter spring on the slide instead of drilling the hole. I've done it both ways...I think the drilled slide is better (even though I went the lighter spring route on my KLX), because that lighter spring just may let a sticking slide stay stuck open. That's just a theory I have about it...

Old 07-10-2011, 05:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blackheart58
I hope IDRIDR doesn't mind if I answer: to drill out the brass cover of the air/fuel adjustment screw, and to drill a hole in the "slide". SOME people choose to put a lighter spring on the slide instead of drilling the hole. I've done it both ways...I think the drilled slide is better (even though I went the lighter spring route on my KLX), because that lighter spring just may let a sticking slide stay stuck open. That's just a theory I have about it...
Why drill out the slide? Is this an option or does it need to be done?

Old 07-10-2011, 02:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007 Green Machine
Why drill out the slide? Is this an option or does it need to be done?
Everything is an option.

It allows for quicker response of the slide, which improves throttle response. It costs nothing if you have a drill bit and drill. If you screw it up, a bit of JB Weld can plug it....but, it's very simple to do...just use the right sized bit.