Crankcase mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Crankcase mod

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes
Wasn't it you the recently boasted you could mop up the trails or track with anyone on this forum? What are you worried about????
ROFLMAO Umm...with factory springs in his forks and shock too, I think the phrase was mop anyone anytime anywhere.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:34 PM
1st Gear Member

OK guys, this is frog's post. We can start a 'Deej Talk' thread.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, hey now quit picking on deej..... At least he has a controlled 2 ft wheelie.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: deej
So tell me more about this Odessa 100. What pace is it? Can an old guy like me make it OK? Camping out of the truck? I have so many questions,........deej scared!!
Wasn't it you the recently boasted you could mop up the trails or track with anyone on this forum? What are you worried about????

Um........yea..........about that. Deej you just got [sm=bustedsign.gif] and [sm=owned.gif][sm=laughat.gif]

Old 12-27-2007, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: a16tony

Yea what he said[8D]

Old 12-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: a16tony

Hey, Deej is the one that took it off topic, I just followed.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, and I followed suit with deej's prowess skills.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:57 AM
1st Gear Member

My bad, sorry

Old 12-28-2007, 07:07 AM
1st Gear Member

I've decided that I won't do the CC mod. The other day, while hitting some hillclimbs that the KLX just didn't have the power to finish (piece of **** ), I got a bit of oil into the airbox, and she started smoking like a 2t.

And that's with the UNmodded airbox. I was smoking for at least a mile or two after that. I can't imagine how bad it'd be if I had done the CC mod D:

Do yourself a favor and, if you have to do the mod, route the line outside of the airbox.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:24 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sinkoman

I've decided that I won't do the CC mod. The other day, while hitting some hillclimbs that the KLX just didn't have the power to finish (piece of **** ), I got a bit of oil into the airbox, and she started smoking like a 2t.

And that's with the UNmodded airbox. I was smoking for at least a mile or two after that. I can't imagine how bad it'd be if I had done the CC mod D:

Do yourself a favor and, if you have to do the mod, route the line outside of the airbox.
Now your back in my territory. After my first flooding, with all the water dumped into the crankcase, because of the enlarged air box port. Also running 9k RPM on the freeway to most rides, I was sucking lots of oil into the box. A full sight glass every two tanks. I went with Marty's suggestion and installed a PCV valve on top of the CC port and ran it up to the smog port on the air box. Have not had any problems since. Even when the box got flooded again, the PCV (which is a check valve) stopped the water from entering the case. I highly recommed this to any puddle jumper.

Frog,
I will be tearing down Kato on Saturday for some proper upgrades, and will have a full report w/pics. This will include 'vent tube' routing and 'crankcase/PCV'. I will post this if there is enough interest, if not I will send you a PM sunday afternoon.

Quick Reply: Crankcase mod