Crankcase mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 02:42 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Crankcase mod

Hello all!
I'm studying the different threads on the CC mod. I can see that there is two different ways of doing it: New hose with filter or Enlarge airbox hole. What is the difference between the two?

Old 12-27-2007, 04:24 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Crankcase mod

Frog, go to this link and read away: http://www.KawasakiForums.com/m_229955/tm.htm

There'll be a test afterwards!

Old 12-27-2007, 02:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Frog, if you enlarge the hole and get water in the box, it will want to flow in the cc before it will drain out the box drain tube. If you have not removed the little fluid catch canister at the end of the air box drain line, it will not drain out at all. If you have removed the smog stuff, pipe it to the upper airbox port where the smog stuff went. It will look very clean. I have removed the smog valve at the head and place a block plate there, left the smog piping for the 'stock look' and 'tee-ed' the cc tube into that piping. Clean and simple. Here in the PNW, there is a lot of water and my bike has been flooded three times, and it sucked each time. Best of luck.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:21 PM
1st Gear Member

a16tony, I did'nt remove anything yet, I am just reading the different threads on that. Did you see a difference somehow? Is there any website or documents that gives results conserning that mod. And sorry to ask you this but can you explain me step by step what you did with the smog and the cc hose (reexplain a different way maybe...there is a little lack in my english comprehension!!! If you wish.)

Thanks to you and to all others for giving great explanations on the different subjects. Maybe giving you trouble sometimes because i'm new to dirtbikes, I have no knowledge of mechanics and my poor english. Thanks again and I appreciate you quick answers!

Old 12-27-2007, 02:28 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The frog

a16tony, I did'nt remove anything yet, I am just reading the different threads on that. Did you see a difference somehow? Is there any website or documents that gives results conserning that mod. And sorry to ask you this but can you explain me step by step what you did with the smog and the cc hose (reexplain a different way maybe...there is a little lack in my english comprehension!!! If you wish.)

Thanks to you and to all others for giving great explanations on the different subjects. Maybe giving you trouble sometimes because i'm new to dirtbikes, I have no knowledge of mechanics and my poor english. Thanks again and I appreciate you quick answers!
I'll PM you some pics later this evening if that will help. I did not have a noticable improvement after drilling the air box for the cc. Just a place for the water to flow.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: a16tony

Frog, if you enlarge the hole and get water in the box, it will want to flow in the cc before it will drain out the box drain tube. If you have not removed the little fluid catch canister at the end of the air box drain line, it will not drain out at all. If you have removed the smog stuff, pipe it to the upper airbox port where the smog stuff went. It will look very clean. I have removed the smog valve at the head and place a block plate there, left the smog piping for the 'stock look' and 'tee-ed' the cc tube into that piping. Clean and simple. Here in the PNW, there is a lot of water and my bike has been flooded three times, and it sucked each time. Best of luck.
I can vouch for one of the times Tony's bike got flooded. Hey Tony, long time no hear. What's new over there? How did you guys do with all of the storms? Good to see you're still alive and kicking.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGIAL: deej

I can vouch for one of the times Tony's bike got flooded. Hey Tony, long time no hear. What's new over there? How did you guys do with all of the storms? Good to see you're still alive and kicking.
We just did Reiter this weekend, a KLX400 went under, had it running in less the 40 mins. link1 link2 Had a great, but very wet time. The 330 kit works very well with stock gears. And I would like to see you at the Desert 100 . Summers coming see you soon.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Tony, thanks for the links and pics, looks like a cold one for sure. I sure would like to ride there when the water is lower and the temps are higher. So tell me more about this Odessa 100. What pace is it? Can an old guy like me make it OK? Camping out of the truck? I have so many questions,........deej scared!!

Old 12-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej
So tell me more about this Odessa 100. What pace is it? Can an old guy like me make it OK? Camping out of the truck? I have so many questions,........deej scared!!
Wasn't it you the recently boasted you could mop up the trails or track with anyone on this forum? What are you worried about????

Old 12-27-2007, 09:20 PM
1st Gear Member

OOOO....bitch slap. [sm=chairshot.gif]

Quick Reply: Crankcase mod