Coolant

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 06:44 AM
1st Gear Member

I like the hoses. They would look even better on a red KLX. What are all the red bolts. Lighter weight or dressing it up?
Cheers Jim

Old 04-22-2010, 12:39 PM
1st Gear Member

The tires are either 671's or 761's, I can't remember, I will double check and clarify. The hoses and the bolts I got from DRC products/Zeta Racing. Langston Racing is the only people I have had luck with ordering these. The hoses I had to order from Japan/Webbike or something like that. The bolts are adonized and aluminum, so I suppose they are a fraction lighter but probably not a huge difference. I like them for the looks. They sell a washer also which is hard to see in the pics but I have gold washers under the red bolts and they are a little better then the stock bolt and washer combo.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:07 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Questions?

So I removed the plug under the water pump and about 1/2 cup to a cup of coolant came out. I didn't notice any change in the level of the reserve tank though. Shouldn't I have had some change in the coolant level of the reserve tank? I checked the tubing that takes the coolant from the resereve tank to the cooling system and there aren't any kinks. I am wondering if the system is clogged or something. Any ideas gentleman? Thanks again.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dacoontz
So I removed the plug under the water pump and about 1/2 cup to a cup of coolant came out. I didn't notice any change in the level of the reserve tank though. Shouldn't I have had some change in the coolant level of the reserve tank? I checked the tubing that takes the coolant from the resereve tank to the cooling system and there aren't any kinks. I am wondering if the system is clogged or something. Any ideas gentleman? Thanks again.
Thats normal. The coolant res tank won't drain when you drain the coolant from the engine. Its a pressurized bleed system. Simply, it works when the coolant gets hot and expands (along with trapped air). The radiator cap is set at a certain pressure. When enough pressure is built up, it bleeds the coolant and trapped air out to the coolant res tank. Now when the engine is cooling off, the coolant contracts and siphons some coolant back into the engine coolant. After a few drive cycles, the air is bleed out and the coolant stays topped off in the radiator.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Learjet, I appreciate the help.