Contacting Bill Blue for 351 kit purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 08:44 PM
1st Gear Member

I doubt you'll **** him off - he's a great guy just real busy.

I've had my 351 kit in about a month now - i called him several times during and he was a great source of info. He did tell me that he is crazy busy right now and had to stop and order a bunch of parts to keep up with demand.

he'll get to you. it's not a 24-7 internet business...old skule.

Old 06-21-2017, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

What happens when Bill retires? Where are replacement rings, pistons, ect purchased?

Old 06-21-2017, 10:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by queen of spades
What happens when Bill retires? Where are replacement rings, pistons, ect purchased?

JE pistons put a custom build number on the bottom of the wrist pin pad. JE can machine up another if needed. Rings can be purchased from JE or just about anywhere.

When you talk to Bill you can tell he enjoys what he does. I don't think we need to worry.

Last edited by s10gto; 06-21-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by s10gto
JE pistons put a custom build number on the bottom of the wrist pin pad. JE can machine up another if needed. Rings can be purchased from JE or just about anywhere.

When you talk to Bill you can tell he enjoys what he does. I don't think we need to worry.
Yeah, I did talk to him last year a bit. Nice guy. People do pass away though and chances increase as we age. Wish / hope he has someone to take over.

The guy who did DR350/DR650 stuff for years and years finally said no more and now a lot of good parts and mods are NLA.

We all know what happened to Stroker products. If only these folks would just open source their plans and drawings so someone could take over rather than letting them slowly die away.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by queen of spades
Yeah, I did talk to him last year a bit. Nice guy. People do pass away though and chances increase as we age. Wish / hope he has someone to take over.

The guy who did DR350/DR650 stuff for years and years finally said no more and now a lot of good parts and mods are NLA.

We all know what happened to Stroker products. If only these folks would just open source their plans and drawings so someone could take over rather than letting them slowly die away.
True but not the end of the world. I work at an engine machine shop that specializes in building rare engines. Many times pistons need to be made. JE, Ross, ect. do this. Send yours in and in a few weeks you got a new one.

Or do what I did and buy spare parts.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:25 PM
1st Gear Member

2nd email sent to Bill. Looking forward to more giddy-up, especially needed since my Magna is going away.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:18 PM
1st Gear Member

that extra hundred CCs definitely makes it a torquey little beast, assuming you tune the carb properly.

i'd personally like a little more top end out of mine, but thumpers are thumpers...

Old 06-25-2017, 10:56 PM
1st Gear Member

PayPal'd the $$ to Bill. Said that he has some kits that will be ready to ship this week. Should have my valve shim in this coming week. Just need my Magna sold to pay for it all.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:46 PM
1st Gear Member

good times....it really is a must have to make this bike all it can be.

you rollign with stock carb or bills mikuni?

Old 06-26-2017, 08:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sphen
good times....it really is a must have to make this bike all it can be.

you rollign with stock carb or bills mikuni?
Stock carb. Who knows a good source for a new larger pilot jet? I am gonna put my DJ144 main jet in and see how it runs, the 140 runs good on stock bore, but maybe a little lean.

Quick Reply: Contacting Bill Blue for 351 kit purchase?