Close Call

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 03:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Close Call

Hey Guys just thought I would let you no that after what happened to me tonight on my little KLX I am very impressed with the brakes[]
I was coming home from a friends house on a road 2 miles from home 30mph speed limit and I saw a small truck looking like he was going to pull out in front of me[:-] you no the feeling you get..... Well he did I hit the brakes hard and as we came withing 3" of touching into his drivers door to be exact. I felt the rea tire come off the ground like one of those stoppy tricks. I scared the guy when he did finaly see the GREEN machine aimed for his door he sped off in a hurry. I stopped ,trying to get it back in first gear and the A....Hole in the car behind me started blowing his horn wanting me to move [:@] it was all I could do to keep from getting off and sending my Green Helmet into his window. I don't care I have a helmet on how can he hurt me. But I said to myself its not worth it although that part still has me seeing red.
All I no is after 30 years of street riding you just need eyes all around your head BE CAREFUL the cars don't care to look to see you there.
I think if I was on one of my heavy street bikes I would of not got stopped but that KLX is so easy to handle.......

Ride ON

Old 11-02-2006, 03:25 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Close Call

Dang Bad Bear - really glad you had fast reflexes and got it stopped! Sounds you were getting it from both ends, though - I guess some people can't be bothered to pay attention, let alone give a fella a break after a close call - referring to the guy behind you. Take care, buddy!

Old 11-02-2006, 03:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Brian Most of the roads I ride on I see no cars but sometimes you have to deal with them. Since I lowered my bike it is so much easier for me to throw it around. I was amazed I got it stopped when I saw him I said to myself this is going to hurt[] Those new Kenda 270's got me stopped

Old 11-02-2006, 03:56 AM
1st Gear Member

You have to ride thinking every other person on the road is a complete idiot that way if they dont do something stupid its a bonus
and if they do your ready for it. glad you were ready for it.
did you have any trouble getting it in first, i have had to make a few stops like that and it will not go into first without letting the clutch out a little.

Old 11-02-2006, 03:59 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yea I know exactly what you are talking about. Every intersection and every car I see I look directly at them and their tires, its something you never get uses to, but it keeps you on your toes. I also stand on the pegs when coming to a cross street so I can see over the hedges. I get some funny looks, but you know that just because there is a stop sign for them and not you that doesn't mean anything. Glad you stopped in time, and also glad you didn't get off the bike and do anything, you never know who's packing a gun these days......well you know of at least one guy.

Old 11-02-2006, 04:00 AM
1st Gear Member

I was in 5th since I am getting used to the new lower gearing and loveing it... I just smashed on the pedal and reved it and it went in gear but not fast enough for the idiot behind me [:@] My next Mod is going to be a base ball bat on the side like a cowboy on his horse with his gun...... Just for the idiots and the big dogs

Old 11-02-2006, 04:07 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

No you just need one of these. With out the scope if you're not hunting.

Name:  Picture_0395.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  59.9 KB

Old 11-02-2006, 04:27 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bad Bear
My next Mod is going to be a base ball bat on the side like a cowboy on his horse with his gun...... Just for the idiots and the big dogs
I always wanted to pin up a sign on my back that says:

Stay Back 200 Feet - Not Responsible for Broken Windshields

And maybe have easy access to a melon sized jagged rock on my rack that I could accidentally nudge off when a car follows too close

Old 11-02-2006, 04:35 AM

+1

Old 11-02-2006, 10:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Good job avoiding idiot in cage.

Japan is way different in that aspect. I'm always on the defensive, but almost never get cut-off. They seem to be REALLY aware of bikes over here. Maybe because more per capita commute on bikes. Also, you're in deep kimchee if you hit a bike over here.

Quick Reply: Close Call