Checking in From Ecuador

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 02:05 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Checking in From Ecuador

Yeah I got sent here for a job.

I'll post some pics if I can figure out how to download pics from my camera to this crappy puter at the local internet cafe.

Oh, I am done working now and I got this whole week to ramble around.....I'm in Quito now......I'm thinkin of heading to Quenca....heard its nice.

I'll post some rambling bs as things proceed....with pics I hope.

Where is my klx when I need her.

Pura Vida!

Old 11-23-2009, 02:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Right On F.M.
Looking Forward To The Pic's

Old 11-23-2009, 02:50 PM
1st Gear Member

No bike rentals around there?
Hey, have some fun, eh?

Old 11-23-2009, 05:26 PM
1st Gear Member

ya, i would be looking for a bike rental for sure.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Alright....help a fellow klx´er out....For the life of me I cannot find a bike rental down here and I want one BAD

HELP ME OUT ..... FIND A RENTAL PLACE AND I WILL GET IT!!!!!!

Seriously, I posted on advrider....no luck on a rental.....only place I found is a hotel in Banos that has 250´s BUT they only rent them by the hour.....I begged for a week rental...Hey I got American Express...no go....hourly only at $10/hr....I may go to Banos..perhaps.

Still in Quito

Pura Vida!

Old 11-24-2009, 02:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
Alright....help a fellow klx´er out....For the life of me I cannot find a bike rental down here and I want one BAD

HELP ME OUT ..... FIND A RENTAL PLACE AND I WILL GET IT!!!!!!

Seriously, I posted on advrider....no luck on a rental.....only place I found is a hotel in Banos that has 250´s BUT they only rent them by the hour.....I begged for a week rental...Hey I got American Express...no go....hourly only at $10/hr....I may go to Banos..perhaps.

Still in Quito

Pura Vida!
http://www.ecuadorboutiquetravel.com/dirtbikerentals

Can't find a phone number.
I'll keep looking.

Suggested itinerary motor bike tours & rentals

Food and accommodations around Ecuador are all top-notch and the riding is some of the very best in the world! For those wishing to go off on their own, we offer motorcycles for rent. These are late model dual sport motorcycles, well maintained and proven in South America. Hard and soft Bags available. They are available to take out of the country, as needed.
We recommend you combine a rental with an Unguided Tour Itenerary. Where we book all your hotel needs and you can go as you please using our charts and maps of trails and off the beaten path roads.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 11-24-2009, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neilaction
http://www.ecuadorboutiquetravel.com/dirtbikerentals

Can't find a phone number.
I'll keep looking.

Suggested itinerary motor bike tours & rentals

Food and accommodations around Ecuador are all top-notch and the riding is some of the very best in the world! For those wishing to go off on their own, we offer motorcycles for rent. These are late model dual sport motorcycles, well maintained and proven in South America. Hard and soft Bags available. They are available to take out of the country, as needed.
We recommend you combine a rental with an Unguided Tour Itenerary. Where we book all your hotel needs and you can go as you please using our charts and maps of trails and off the beaten path roads.

I already found that one.....but for the life of me I can´t find any contact information on the website or even a place to send an email.....how the F do they stay in business

Old 11-24-2009, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
I already found that one.....but for the life of me I can´t find any contact information on the website or even a place to send an email.....how the F do they stay in business
That is what I was thinking.
How hard do ya wanna make it?

They say contact a travel agent for more info.
Maybe try that?

Old 11-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

At this point I would go from door to door asking everyone if they know of a place or if they have a bike they themselves would like to rent, Come on man don't give up. We live through you, and we're dying here.

Quick Reply: Checking in From Ecuador