Cheap body armour

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:48 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Seth, the mesh on about all of these I've seen is surprisingly durable...usually a strong nylon. I've snagged my 661 pressure suit on limbs and such, and it shows little damage. Unless that nylon is made of woven hemp, it will stand up pretty well.

Yeah, that's a goofy deal on that thumb hole. I've never used mine, and the elbow pads don't ride up, so I think it's unnecessary.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by seth6025
The only issue I can see so far is the thing is made all out of mesh and I am concerned about it ripping after time.
Even the name brand stuff is either mesh or very light material, so I don't think paying less has hurt you in that regard.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Here's the one I got recently. Had it out on a couple rides so far and I like it. Comfortable, good adjustment. Nice back protection that isn't shown in the photo. Anyone else using the AXO?
AXO Air Cage by Atomic Moto

Old 03-28-2011, 04:30 AM
1st Gear Member

My package came on Friday and I am pretty happy with the armour. It is as well made as any I have looked at in the shops and the XL fits me well. My dog attacked me when I was walking around in it.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:47 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
My package came on Friday and I am pretty happy with the armour. It is as well made as any I have looked at in the shops and the XL fits me well. My dog attacked me when I was walking around in it.
I can see the headlines now. Local man killed by family dog while playing Star Wars in his living room.

You know...I think most of these units are probably made somewhere waaaay out west...or is it east...and then Fox, 661, and others put their names on them.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:32 PM
1st Gear Member

How it the armour do in the "test"? What kind/size of dog?

Old 03-28-2011, 05:59 PM
1st Gear Member

German shorthair pointer lab X. Armour is good dog is bad

Old 03-29-2011, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member
Unhappy

German shorthair pointer lab X. Armour is good dog is bad
Can I wrap myself in two month's worth of newspapers, the armor, and carhart coveralls first???

Old 02-07-2012, 05:08 AM
1st Gear Member

wanted some armor that was easy to put on and stow in a small backpack...using an oneal underdog full armor mesh (back, shoulder, kidney belt, elbow and arm guards) for $100 and dainese knee/shin guard for $30...was cheap and was mainly looking to block all the rocks pelting me...had so many welts/bruises on my knee cap and shins from cars/trucks kicking up loose pebbles on the ground on the freeway...and, was getting dangerously close to rubbing my knees on the pavemet on hard turns...the mesh on the oneal is poorly stitched and coming off the armor only on the shoulder...used my sewing skills to fix it a few times, but might be time for some better armor...the knee/shin guards appears to stay in place has no signs of wear...motorcycle leather/textile jackets never seem to fit me...i really tried so many brands of jackets already...too tight in some areas or too loose in other areas...want some better protection..any ideas?

Old 02-07-2012, 06:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default where?

Originally Posted by ahnh666
and dainese knee/shin guard for $30...
Where do you get the Dainese knee and shin guards V for 30 bucks? I'm in!!

More armour? I am looking at trying/buying the EVS G6. Looks really good in person

Quick Reply: Cheap body armour