Chainsaw holder

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 01:44 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Chainsaw holder

I'm actually getting ready to clear a 30 acre area for trails, I'll probably be using your setup instead of buying one. Did you just slide the blade under the case or is it strapped down somehow to the rack itself!!

Old 12-24-2006, 01:45 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: double d6

try this.............

http://www.montanajacks.com/index.as...amp;ProdID=160

your setup looks tight......just throwing ideas out there.

-Dave
That looks awesome, I wonder if there is a bigger picture out there?

Old 12-24-2006, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm actually getting ready to clear a 30 acre area for trails, I'll probably be using your setup instead of buying one. Did you just slide the blade under the case or is it strapped down somehow to the rack itself!!
Actually it does slide right between the case and the rack, and a small ratchet strap and you're golden.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Depending on how big those trees and or brush may be you could always just carry this.................

http://www.svensaw.com/foldingaction.htm
That's funny, working for the College of Forest Resources I have all kinds of stuff in my shop at work, in fact I have a lot of forestry tools that were bought for the facility even before the building was open 11 years ago. I have 2 of those saws hanging in my shop that have never been used,that's not a bad idea. I could slide one or both of them in my camelbak, thanks for another great idea.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Another good idea is to find a piece of old fire hose to slide over the bar and chain. Keeps it sharp and protects the bike from cuts.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:51 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Depending on how big those trees and or brush may be you could always just carry this.................

http://www.svensaw.com/foldingaction.htm
That's funny, working for the College of Forest Resources I have all kinds of stuff in my shop at work, in fact I have a lot of forestry tools that were bought for the facility even before the building was open 11 years ago. I have 2 of those saws hanging in my shop that have never been used,that's not a bad idea. I could slide one or both of them in my camelbak, thanks for another great idea.
I have one of those saws too... those things are great. Hey deej my bike is in a million pieces again.... i started working on it today, gonna finish up tomorrow.... new front tire is on and back on the bike, new back tire is half on, and swing arm and stuff is all off..... gonna grease all those bearings. I also finished up my secret polished piece that i was talking to you about, ill post it when i take a pic of it. i think it looks good, alot better than before...

Old 12-24-2006, 03:41 AM
1st Gear Member

The chainsaw's are a real time saver,but most of us in Southern Oregon just use a folding prunning saw. Mine has a 12 inch blade and my buddie's all have 10inch blades and as long asthe treesnot to big around we get by. Saved our butts many times this time of year at leastone of us carries one every ride inour backbacks. The day we forget is the day we need it. http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...g-crossing.jpg

Old 12-24-2006, 03:47 AM

I know the wildland guys use backpacks made for carrying chainsaws our dept has one think we got it from a company called the pack shack kinda pricy though

Old 12-24-2006, 04:05 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

I have one of those saws too... those things are great. Hey deej my bike is in a million pieces again.... i started working on it today, gonna finish up tomorrow.... new front tire is on and back on the bike, new back tire is half on, and swing arm and stuff is all off..... gonna grease all those bearings. I also finished up my secret polished piece that i was talking to you about, ill post it when i take a pic of it. i think it looks good, alot better than before...
EMS_0525 wants us to THINK hes working hard in his garage changing his tire out...BUT.... We've got the scoop.... He is secretly training for the bigFLORIDA RIDE. I was lucky enough to aquire a clip someone just took of what hes REALLY doing in the garage....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6JvhCTjicY&eurl=

Old 12-24-2006, 02:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DirtSurfer
EMS_0525 wants us to THINK hes working hard in his garage changing his tire out...BUT.... We've got the scoop.... He is secretly training for the bigFLORIDA RIDE. I was lucky enough to aquire a clip someone just took of what hes REALLY doing in the garage....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6JvhCTjicY&eurl=
ROFLMAO.......you're killing me DS, I got tears in my eyes from laughing, I didn't know EMS was that intense.

I kept waiting for something funny to happen, but it didn't, he was WAY serious. I almost spit coffee on my keyboard when he started beating that tire.

Quick Reply: Chainsaw holder