can't set the clock

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 12:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Default can't set the clock

I have an 09. After the time change I tried to set the clock. Holding the rest button for more than 2 seconds does nothing but reset the odometer.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

What clock? LOL. I have on '06, no clock.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:03 PM
1st Gear Member

The MODE button is on the left.
The RESET button is on the right.

Clock:
To adjust hours and minutes:
• Turn the ignition key to “ON”.
• Push the RESET button for more than two seconds. Both the hour and minute displays start flashing.
• Push the RESET button. The hour display only flashes. Push the MODE button to advance the hours.
• Push the RESET button. The hour display stops flashing and the minute display starts flashing. Push the MODE button to advance the minutes
• Push the RESET button. Both the hour and minute displays start flashing again.
• Push the MODE button. The displays stop flashing and the clock starts working.
NOTE
○Pushing the MODE button momentarily advances the hour or minute step by step. Pushing and holding the button advances the hour or minute continuously.
○The clock works normally from the back-up power while the ignition switch is turned off.
○When the battery is disconnected, the clock resets to 1:00 and starts working again when the battery is connected.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for trying to help. I have my owners manual and already read the clock setting instructions you posted. But when I press and hold the reset button the clock digits do not flash. Apparently it is broken.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

If you must have a clock.....you can always buy a cheap-o solar G-Shock watch, take off the straps, and either Velcro or use 2x auto trim tape for sticking on your top triple. Works just fine.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Try disconnecting the battery just before 1, then reconnect it right at 1.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
If you must have a clock.....you can always buy a cheap-o solar G-Shock watch, take off the straps, and either Velcro or use 2x auto trim tape for sticking on your top triple. Works just fine.
Actually, I already have a cheap-o combination thermometer and clock velcroed to my fuel tank. I leave the display on thermometer as that is what I bought it for, not the clock.Thanks for reminding me, I just went out and reset THAT clock.

But the cockpit display clock is staring me in the face and it's an hour off and aggravating me.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
Try disconnecting the battery just before 1, then reconnect it right at 1.
You're a genius. Thanks!

Old 04-11-2013, 01:41 AM
1st Gear Member

From memory, you gonna have the trip meter set to show your total mileage and not a trip A or B. If in trip A or B mode, the clock cannot be adjusted.

Cheers.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sharan
From memory, you gonna have the trip meter set to show your total mileage and not a trip A or B. If in trip A or B mode, the clock cannot be adjusted.

Cheers.
Sharan has submitted the correct answer and is the winner of the 64 thousand dollar prize to be awarded by Kawasaki! I tried this and it worked. I feel stupid for not figuring this out myself.

Quick Reply: can't set the clock