Can you boys (and girls) keep a secret?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 03:15 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Can you boys (and girls) keep a secret?

Wouldn't it be easier for you guys to go buy some pants and WEAR them?

Just kidding, I couldn't resist. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Neil, you totally made my day with the deal about the sofa. Good idea to have her look into a used sofa! She's got you wrapped pretty tight, huh?
I guess we all do our own brand of fanagling (sp?). I had to do some of my own to bring the KLX home from Illinois. I have my partner interested in a XT 225 now. I kinda like my arrangement.

Thanks for the laugh guys.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Some good storeys there, I'm a bit boring I buy what I want when I can afford it. I don't answer to anyone

Old 10-05-2006, 06:48 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: heffay

hey neil... how long have you been married there buddy? cuz, i'm guessing it won't be long.

you know what she'll say WHEN she finds out right? SO WHAT ELSE AREN'T YOU TELLING ME? and the seed of distrust will be sown and you'll be having an affair even if you really aren't.

I hear you. Loud and clear.
Been married almost 2 years and together 6.
My first go this marriage thing and I'm 43.
I went kicking and screaming.

The truth is she knows i'm a bit of a wheeler and dealer and I doubt it will be such a surprise.
But!! She will be a little pissed. OK really pissed.

Ok really really really pissed....

I think a bit of sneaky stuff over what is not a lot of money won't cause me too much greif.

Anyway I am having an AFFAIR.......................................

With my new bike!
Sure her in doors is a little jealous.

"wouldn't you rather go and see a nice movie instead of "tinkering" with THAT bike"
errrrrrr NO

"I know you have a big day planned this Sunday riding with the boys, but can we go on a picnic instead? With my parents????!!!!
errrrrrrr NO

"wouldn't you rather go and help me choose a new sofa?"
errrrrrrrr NO

"you love that bike more than you love me"
errrrrrrrr........................................ .................................................. .............................................NO.
(but please don't make me choose)

I am clinging desperatly to independent Neil.
And I do say clinging.

Motorbikes is the one area in my life that has been all about independent Neil.
Pull that helmit on and "BINGO" it's just you, the bike and the road. (or trail)
mmmmmm
She knows this about me and she also knows it won't change.

We often go out together on the "Duke" and she does enjoy it.
But the trail bike thing is a bit different for her. No interest at all.
And to be honest, that's how I like it.
I know a lot of you people enjoy this sport with you partners and if it works for you then great.
It wouldn't work for me.
The whole independent Neil thing.
( Sometimes I think my life is like an episode of Sienfeld)

Why am I getting into this so deeply with people I don't know?

Because you ride bikes. And for that reason alone It feels different. You can be trusted.

Anyway, I'm painting the bedroom at the moment. (Don't ask me why, i liked the old colour)(Well I would have liked it if I had taken any notice)
Every night, and I mean every night.
That way I'll be free to go riding this weekend.

I just want to keep the peace.

Cheers.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: neilaction

Because you ride bikes. And for that reason alone It feels different. You can be trusted.
Right on, bro! BTW, the "F" in KF = Family!

Old 10-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

+1 to that !!!
ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: neilaction

Right on, bro! BTW, the "F" in KF = Family!

Old 10-05-2006, 04:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Neil,
I don't KNOW you, but I feel like I know you a little bit. So much of relationships is "keeping the peace". It sounds like you are a good man -- geez, you're always painting the walls for her! Enjoy your bike. Life is short. In the end you won't be saying, "gosh I wish I had spent more time painting the house." In the end, we will all be wishing for a little more time with our blessed bikes.
I know you a little bit.

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 10-05-2006, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: queenpdog

Neil,
I don't KNOW you, but I feel like I know you a little bit. So much of relationships is "keeping the peace". It sounds like you are a good man -- geez, you're always painting the walls for her! Enjoy your bike. Life is short. In the end you won't be saying, "gosh I wish I had spent more time painting the house." In the end, we will all be wishing for a little more time with our blessed bikes.
I know you a little bit.

[sm=happybounce.gif]
Painting, Yes I do paint the walls......... for her (Natalie)......... my "her in doors" oe "she who must be obeyed".
Me a "good man".

Your a long time dead queendog, so lets live a little.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:32 PM

neil... i'm glad you took my comments in jest. as long as you're aware of causes and effects, it's really up to you and what makes you happy.

just keep painting my friend!

Old 10-06-2006, 01:38 AM
1st Gear Member

I showed my wife a picture of the klx on-line before it came out and said to her, When this bike comes out I think I"m going to buy it.. So without any of my knowledge she went to the dealer and bought it for me as an Christmas present and had it delivered to her sisters house. Christmas day we went to her sisters for dinner and their it was sitting in the garage with a big bow on it... I was blown away.. I don't think I stopped smiling for a week!....lol As for my wife, .... she's a keeper!!! [sm=signs007.gif] ( When she not nagging me..lol)

Old 10-06-2006, 03:38 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onestarr99

I showed my wife a picture of the klx on-line before it came out and said to her, When this bike comes out I think I"m going to buy it.. So without any of my knowledge she went to the dealer and bought it for me as an Christmas present and had it delivered to her sisters house. Christmas day we went to her sisters for dinner and their it was sitting in the garage with a big bow on it... I was blown away.. I don't think I stopped smiling for a week!....lol As for my wife, .... she's a keeper!!! [sm=signs007.gif] ( When she not nagging me..lol)
Well, that one pretty much takes the cake. I'll say she's a keeper!
Is that her in the "got milk" shirt?

Quick Reply: Can you boys (and girls) keep a secret?