Can you AFFORD IT>>>>>>>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Can you AFFORD IT>>>>>>>>>>

Ok a couple of things: First, I think financing a bike was soooooooo worth it that I did a second one six months later. Second, RU2112SH welcome to the site and the best bunch of guys anywhere, and third as a reminder to those who haven't done so yet, please put your first name, city and state in your signature. It makes it a lot more personable. Later all.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:46 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

Sulldirt,

If you have friends that tell you having 2 bikes in the garage is a waste, what do you think I hear about my 6 bikes!

Heck, about the only one I don't get any grief from about the bikes is my dear wife. I guess she would much rather have me out in the garage tinkering on the bikes then sitting in a bar somewhere tinkering on some gal!

On the "other" category of motorcycles - Non brand specific here - I have many friends that own a single, high dollar motorcycle. Many of them are always teasing me about the fact that I have to have so many different bikes just to do what their one bike will do. Of course I will invite them on a ride, usually with a challege about who buys dinner or whatever. Well, believe you me when I pull the KLX out, their mouths are salivating about me buying dinner at the end of the ride. Of course, road selection plays a large part in this - usually they aren't that stupid as when they see the KLX come out, they usually rule out dirt roads or any unpaved roads - but I have some very tight, twisty roads where the KLX will rule whatever it is they're riding.

Kind of like my own little version of the show "PINKS" except I kind of think of it as "FREE DINNER". That steak always tastes so good when someone else is buying!

Now that's funny, Marty are you trying to tell us that you could pick up anyone else that would put up with you? LOL

Old 12-08-2006, 05:54 PM

From my experience, when you use credit, you are digging yourself a hole that you may never get out of. You may plan to pay it off quickly, but something else will probably come along that you want to buy before you are done paying it off. I was in the same boat with credit and when I finally got caught up, I vowed never to get myself caught in that trap again.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:08 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: giacoman

From my experience, when you use credit, you are digging yourself a hole that you may never get out of. You may plan to pay it off quickly, but something else will probably come along that you want to buy before you are done paying it off. I was in the same boat with credit and when I finally got caught up, I vowed never to get myself caught in that trap again.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: deej

ORIGINAL: giacoman

LOL, I must add that I didn't dig myself that big of a hole!

Old 12-08-2006, 09:53 PM

If you dident get this bike , you would be hanging around the house all the time , getting on each others nerves, soon you would be yelling at each other for stupid things and sooner or later wind up getting a divorce and spending the rest of your lives in bitter resentment , so you got to ask yourself CAN YOU AFFORD NOT TO GET THIS BIKE ?

Old 12-08-2006, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

[lecture]

I gotta agree: Credit is a double-edged sword - you should not use it to be able to "afford" something, you should only use it as a tool to aid in cashflow management.

Unfortunately the credit "hole" has 3 very undesirable characteristics:
1) It's too easy to dig yourself deeper (and banks & stores - Kawasaki included - LOVE to help with this part)
2) It's too hard to dig yourself out (specially when credit is used to "afford" something).
3) Abusing/damaging your credit rating can have longer term effects, particularly when you really need credit as a cashflow management tool.

Brian's advice is good advice - the time spent saving for something helps you to weed out the frivoulous spending.

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy your bike on credit, only you can tell for sure what's right or wrong for you ... all I'm saying is use your credit wisely.

[/lecture]

Best wishes, and hope that one way or another you make it out to the trails!!!

Mike

BTW - Welcome RU2112SH and giacoman!!!

Old 12-09-2006, 03:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Iowaguy? So let me get this straight.
1. Most of us are not satisfied with the mods we do.
2. Most of us wonder if the mods were really worth the money.
3. Oh and our bikes are cheap.

I see....good to know. Thanks for speaking for all of us here. But if we did a poll I bet 99% of the guys here are not only glad about all of the mods they did, but there is no regret at all. Thanks for being an expert at everything. How about a poll to see how the rest of us on this forum feel about you? How about that? I have received so many pm's about you and the way most people feel about your comments that I have lost count. I just wish more people would step up and let you know. Do you ever have anything good or positive or even lighthearted to say? I have never in my life ran across anyone that is as negative as you are in almost every post. You remind me of my brother who because of his mouth went through all his life on the defense and leaving everyone around him feel like crap. Thanks again.[&:]

Old 12-09-2006, 03:52 AM

Well the first thing you did wrong was talk to your wife about. Its like you were asking permission for the purchace. Do what I do, keep your money separate and make your own dicisions on what you buy. By asking permission you are empowering her, big mistake. Its time to go back to the old ways, the man makes the dicisions. The rule is the one that makes the most money makes the money dicisions. anyway just my .02.

Quick Reply: Can you AFFORD IT>>>>>>>>>>