Camping/ride report--warning 50 + pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 05:11 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Camping/ride report--warning 50 + pictures

ORIGINAL: Truckman

wow...beautiful ride you went on...mind I ask where it was?????.I have seen some nice places but you definatley ate the cake on that one....kudos to you.
Name:  olympiccolormap.gif
Views: 27
Size:  239.6 KB

Lake Crescent is right in the middle between Forks and Port Angeles in the great state of Washington.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EvildoerZX10R

Nice report! It make me want to get out there and do some exploring. Looks like you had a great time. Did you do any damage to your bike with the get off?
Well I did get off, but it was a really slow controlled situation. All I did was to come to a stop, kill the engine lay it down and step away. I could have kept it up straight, but then who would have taken the picture?

Old 05-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Awsome photos man.... looks like fun....... couldnt make it up the small hill could ya? lol

Old 05-14-2007, 11:36 AM
1st Gear Member

That lake is awesome, the water is so clear! Great pictures!

Old 05-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Default can u help

hi how u going guys.. i just da new guy around. i was hoping u guys can help me out.

i have a zxr250a it been sitting in ma garage for a while now,i had some problems with it so i was fxing it up..
i tried turning it ON on da weekened it wasnt starting no light or anything. i got a new batery hooked on to it now, and now it wont crank in to da engine for some reason.. a mate checked it out and he goes its most likely the starter motor

any advice on wat it might be and wat i can do..

i missing riding my bike so plz help

Old 05-14-2007, 02:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: can u help

ORIGINAL: zxrider

hi how u going guys.. i just da new guy around. i was hoping u guys can help me out.

i have a zxr250a it been sitting in ma garage for a while now,i had some problems with it so i was fxing it up..
i tried turning it ON on da weekened it wasnt starting no light or anything. i got a new batery hooked on to it now, and now it wont crank in to da engine for some reason.. a mate checked it out and he goes its most likely the starter motor

any advice on wat it might be and wat i can do..

i missing riding my bike so plz help
Well one thing that might help is to not post a question like that in this thread[8D] I'm just giving you a bad time. Actually if you copy and paste this in the right section you might have better results. Good luck.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:56 PM
1st Gear Member

When I was a kid I would spend my summer and a few Christmas vacations hunting in Stanwood WA just below Mount Vernon I loved that place I had a lot of fun in WA when I was a kid. The rivers and lakes are stunningly beautiful; it’s been year’s sense I’ve been there. You’re a lucky man to live in such a beautiful state Deej

Old 05-14-2007, 03:24 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: poodlenuts

When I was a kid I would spend my summer and a few Christmas vacations hunting in Stanwood WA just below Mount Vernon I loved that place I had a lot of fun in WA when I was a kid. The rivers and lakes are stunningly beautiful; it’s been year’s sense I’ve been there. You’re a lucky man to live in such a beautiful state Deej
You’re a lucky man to live in such a beautiful state Deej

Yes I count it a privilege every day.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice report Deej great pics. When we did the poker run is crescent the lake we ended at ?

Old 05-14-2007, 03:58 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scat

Nice report Deej great pics. When we did the poker run is crescent the lake we ended at ?
No that was lake Cushman, Lake Crescent is closer to Forks. And its not as crowded or dusty, remember that? Man that was brutal. Lake Cushman is close to the sound.

Here is a map that shows the Olympic loop, you can see Lake Cushman, and Lake Crescent is just below the 112 symbol between Forks and Port Angeles.

I think that would be a cool thing to do on a Friday-Sat-Sun. Ride in a counter clock wise direction, and wait for riders to come through the town you live in and everyone peel off as they get to the nearest exit toward where they live. Hmmmmm. Add a few trails and gravel roads and you got a nice DS ride. And I know or am re-learning the areas every time I ride. I did 47 miles yesterday back from the lake. But there is a cut-off that takes you to the top of the Forest Service look out tower and then we could go down the backside toward Neah Bay, then back to Forks and down south, it would take some planning and what not, but it would be cool to do once.

Quick Reply: Camping/ride report--warning 50 + pictures