CAM-RING startup

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 06:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default CAM-RING startup

We should start a CAM-RING.. a few of us should get together and split the cost of a new set of cams, send them to webcam, install the webcams, then send the core to the next guy, and he gets new cams, and etc, until were left with a spare set of cams that we can hold for the next guy who wants them to send for the core.. Im willing to put up 100$ right now for a set.. any one else want to? (I just cant bear to tear my bike apart and leave it for a week without cams) anyone want to?

Old 04-25-2011, 08:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I'd be interested in something like this.
Hope it would go smooth though, would just need one guy to ruin it for everyone.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Yea, but if you got four guys each credible enough to pay 100 bucks .. I would trust three of you..

Old 04-26-2011, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

waiting for the first commitment .....

Old 04-26-2011, 01:46 AM
1st Gear Member

How much of a gain?

(Or how does it change hp & torque curves?)

And....... are we all limited to the same cam choices?

Old 04-26-2011, 04:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Ive heard that if you run a big bore, have decent exhaust, and air intake, that the limiting issue is cams and valve area. I would be willing to bet cams will make a substantial difference. We would just pass the cams around, get the grind you want.. My cams are from a 2010, 4000 miles on them.. they are brand new.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:16 AM
1st Gear Member

I have an extra set of cams that I would donate if they will work. Thing is they are slightly scored on one of the jornals and also one of the lobes. If that does not totaly disqualify them then send me an email via my name at hotmail. If you want pics let me know it may take a day or two as my camera is with my GF in her classroom.

All I ask is someone to volenteer to forward my next bikebandit purchase to me since they refuse to ship to me direct.

Cheers Jim

Old 04-26-2011, 11:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RayTard
How much of a gain?

(Or how does it change hp & torque curves?)

And....... are we all limited to the same cam choices?
With the type of grinds most of us have been looking at, if you have the supporting mods, like pipe, etc., then you should expect gains everywhere, with a little more top end rev, and little to no loss on the bottom.
The stock cams are very mild.

Regarding cores, I do custom cylinder head, and camshaft work (not for the KLX), and NOBODY sends cores back. I don't know why people think they need to have a set of cores sitting on a shelf, but most people do. Of the hundreds of heads, and cams I have sent out, I've received maybe a half dozen back. I know Bill Blue has the same problem.
I would be interested in getting involved with some cams for the KLX.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Jim, what year are the cams from.. I am definately interested. I can ship a bikebandit purchase to you .. small price to pay for a set of cams.. post a pic please.

If I start up the ring, I will make the first jump, use Jim's cams, and the guy after me will get cams from a 2010TAF.
Web Cam Inc. - Performance and Racing Camshafts $320 from webcamshafts

Old 04-26-2011, 08:44 PM
1st Gear Member

2009 250s
I will try and post some cell phone pics today but will take some days to get camera from GF then back to work. Send me an email it will make posting the pics easier. my forum name at hotmail.
Cheers Jim

Quick Reply: CAM-RING startup