Calling Two Brother Pipe owners!! (Or any slip-on)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 03:46 AM
Default Calling Two Brother Pipe owners!! (Or any slip-on)

Ok, ok, I know the jetting/carb thing has been beat to death on hear. My big question is has everyone re-jetted with the slip-on? I've left the header and the lid/snorkel as stock, so basicaly I should've only change the air flow a little. Didn't change the gearing yet and I live at sea-level and, as my avatar sugests, in Hawaii with a medium humidity and constant temps above 70F.

Last time I was asking a similiar question someone posed the fact that it's kinda stupid to spend all that money on the pipe and not re-jet. I think the bike performs well without re-jetting. Starts up no problem, don't even need the choke some mornings. The only thing I notice is what guys on here have been calling a "decel-popping", I don't think it's backfiring as it never makes a noise on acceleration (not a gear head, I don't know). I guess I should pull the plug and look, I have about 400 miles on the pipe now. But I wouldn't even quite know what the different colors would mean. I still have the stock plug and am going to install the iridium whenever I pull it.

So, fire away.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:51 AM
Default RE: Calling Two Brother Pipe owners!! (Or any slip-on)

P.S. If you've read my post before you know I bought the pipe to reduce heat and a little for weight, realized after the fact just pulling the smog gear might have been all I needed but am happy with the little extra the pipe gives it. No plans to bore or do much more powerupgrading, farkles more than anything from here on out. If I want more power I'll just buy a 450, I knew what I was getting when I got the bike (and I love it!).

Old 09-23-2007, 05:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Can't imagine at sea level that you are lean, with the stock setup. I'd say ANY change would require rejetting, which is pretty easy (follow posts for directions). I am running the 2 bros, with the basic "free mods" and have removed the air box lid. I'm running a 125 jet at 5-10k elevation, and have the adjustable needle on 3rd (I think) clip position, 13 tooth front sprocket. Bike is great.

There are other posts on here about doing plug reads, I'd do that. You have to be running pretty lean at sea level with stock setup, and then with pipe for sure. That could lead to problems, from my basic understanding.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:53 AM

When the bike was in stock form it wanted to bog if the RPM's got below 2500. It now can recover from around 1500. I don't know if this is just due to break in (just hit a 1000miles).
Honestly I don't know if that's even a good thing, but I like it.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:59 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

[quote][There are other posts on here about doing plug reads, I'd do that./quote]

+1

Make notes in your manual as you play.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:22 PM

If you call Two Brothers, they will tell you that as long as you change nothing else, you DO NOT need to rejet.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:35 AM

Redline, I was told that from the guys at TBR, just wanted to see if everyone was going for it. I'm not sure if it's just the manufacurer saying that to easy your mind? I know they just wouldn't make stuff up, but is anyone else running the stock jetting and know what they're looking at on the plug?

Old 09-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Dont listen to TBR.... it needs rejetted..... it needs rejetted with the stock pipe on it.... just do it you will get more power out of it and wont have to worry about it being lean.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:20 PM

I'm considering the 2 bros slipon, amongst other choices....does anyone know how much less the slip on weighs compared to the stock 09klx250s exhuast system? Or how the weight of the slip on compares to a full muzzy system to replace the stock? thanks, d

Old 06-15-2008, 06:05 PM

Duel,
Im going with the full Muzzy on my 09. Got a good deal @ JCMOTERS but the spark arrestor cone was on back order. It should ship on monday. I also ordered a dyno jet kit.
I just wish i could get a larger fuel tank to my 09.

WD

Quick Reply: Calling Two Brother Pipe owners!! (Or any slip-on)