BODY PARTS THAT FIT!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 05:29 AM
Default BODY PARTS THAT FIT!

I found several body parts that fit the KLX 300R 97-06. When I view the bike online it looks like our bike will use these body parts less the fuel tank. Will the KLX300R's radiator shroud covers fit our bikes with the metal tank and very similar frame? I need a new front fender, radiator shroud covers, side covers and fork protectors. I can find the parts listed for the KLX300R but not our bikes. When I call a company and try to ask if apart will fit my bike, they are not familiar with them and don't want to help. Maier and UFO have the best chance of providing what I need so far. What I would really like is an aftermarket US available site for D-Tracker plastics!
Help anyone?

Old 08-10-2006, 05:47 AM
Default RE: BODY PARTS THAT FIT!

Don't know, but one thing that I do is go to Ron Ayers website and look up the part numbers, if the parts are used on both bikes that will tell you. If they are obviously different then that won't help.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:53 AM
1st Gear Member

I enquired with Maier to find out if the side covers they sell for the 300 will fit the 2006 250.

No.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:11 PM
1st Gear Member

I've studied this issue a bunch. Here's what I've figured out...

1) for radiator shrouds, your only option is genuine Kawasaki KLX 250 replacement parts ($$$)
2) the Maier rear fender for the KLX 300R will fit the KLX 250S, but you'll have to hack off the rear of the frame and figure out what to do about brake lights
3) the Maier RH side panel for the KLX 300R should fit the KLX 250S, but the LH side panel definitely will not
4) for fork guards, you can replace the rather brittle KLX guards with KX 250 fork guards, but you'll have to get rid of the upper guard guides on the forks (not really necessary anyway) the KX 250 guards are available through Acerbis and UFO, but I found genuine Kawasaki parts to be cheaper on these (go figure)

For what it's worth...

Old 08-10-2006, 04:20 PM
1st Gear Member

One thing I forgot to mention in the above post, reading on the Thumper Talk forum for the 300R a lot of guys feel that the Maier plastics are cheap and flimsy. So far I've stuck to ordering genuine Kawi parts...

Old 08-11-2006, 06:13 AM

I ordered the KLX300 side panels in black from Maier Tuesday night. Guess I'll be sending those back.
This is why I made these posts. I just couldn't get any answers. Thanks NavKLX!

Old 08-11-2006, 02:41 PM
1st Gear Member

This guy put green side panels on from Maier. It is about half-way down the page, user name ale. Link
He says what it takes to get the panel to fit.
The green side pannels are from Meyer, for a KLX300, however, the left side one takes a ton of cutting to make fit because the battery and overflow container stick out too much....here's another pic
Name:  P1010143.jpg
Views: 2566
Size:  112.9 KBName:  P1010142.jpg
Views: 3380
Size:  121.3 KB

Old 08-11-2006, 05:29 PM
1st Gear Member

If you look closely at Ale's photo you can see that his LH side cover is still the stock white one.

The only way you can make a 300R LH side cover fit our bikes is to change out the battery for a ultra-compact one, ditch the coolant reserve tank, and hack off the mounting post for the lower bolt on the LH side cover.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member

So knowbody knows a place where we can order D-tracker stuff from. Cant we get these thru regular kawi dealers. Personaly Id like to change out the side covers and front fork guards for Black ones. I think the bike would look sooo much better all black and green. the white just dont look right IMHO.

LV

Old 08-13-2006, 07:18 AM

I totaly agree. I want the green and black theme! I just gave up, went to the Kawi dealer and ordered new stock ones to replace my wrecked ones. I tried very hard to source black ones. It just hasn't happened. When I call these parts suppliers, they don't even want to talk to me when they hear that it's a dual sport. Several of them have just dismissed me saying they only sell dirt bike parts for Kawasaki. I'm still waiting for my Maier black KLX300R side panels to arrive. They had already been shipped and they said I would have to return them. I asked if I could slip them out of the covers and look at the fit and they gave me the go ahead. I will let you know but it sounds hopeless.

Quick Reply: BODY PARTS THAT FIT!