bill's front brake line

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 01:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: bill's front brake line

The vacuum hand pumps are very helpful, to the point of..."everyone needs one". Don't be intimidated by the space-craft tool look, they are incredibly easy to use. Hook the line to the bleeder, open the bleeder (half turn is enough) , pump the handlever to about 20psi, watch the fluid come into the catch cup. Refill your MASTER!!! The device will pull fluid faster than you think. A simple and quick method, also makes changing fluid yearly more inviting. Don't let that fluid turn the color of coffee before you flush it.

I knew the minute I laid eyes on the stock lines they had to go. Big Fat Puff Up jobs they are. Away with them!

Old 05-13-2007, 02:22 PM
1st Gear Member

there is one other thing that you should know about the line. after you run it thru the fork gaurd it is real close to the tire. none of the pics so far have showed this. I'm not worried about it at all but thought that i should mention it.

i'm still learning how to take decent photo's but i hope this shows what i'm talking about.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:29 PM
1st Gear Member

deleted

Old 05-13-2007, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Another trick I like to use when bleeding brakes is to fill the master up and leave the cap off, then open the bleeder up. After the fluid statrs to come out in a steady stream close the bleeder put the cap on the master and then proceed to pump, hold, crack, and repeat. Just don't let the master cylinder run out of fluid durning any process of bleeding or you will have to start over again. Another tip when doing the pump, crack method is after pulling the lever in do not release the lever until the bleeder is closed, even better is to close the bleeder before thelever bottoms out. It will prevent air from being reinroduced back into the system. I also like to find a piece of clear hose that fits snuggly over the bleeder and then insert the other end of the hose into an empty soda or water bottle to keep the mess down. The clear hose lets you see if there is any air coming out also. Brake fluid also dilutes very well with water, if you need to clean up a mess just spray it with the hose.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:26 AM
1st Gear Member

i havnt had to bleed the lines on my bike yet, but when i do it on my truck i use the one man bleeder...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-O...2em118Q2el1247

i'm not a mechanic and cant be held responsible for my crappy ideas

Old 01-10-2008, 02:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Has anyone ever heard of the speed-bleeder? It has a valve in it to prevent air from backing up into the line (I think) and does anyone know if they fit our KLXs? I believe you simply "crack" the bleeder and keep pumping the brake lever until it's just fluid coming out..making bleeding the brakes a one man job.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Note the Bill Blue WER steering stabilizer on Bake's bike. It isn't as stiff as a Scott, but it's plenty for my purposes and it fits with the Clarke tank.

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma

Old 01-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Now where do we get the front brake line? and its like $55? I want to order one for my b day.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:19 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shadetree

Note the Bill Blue WER steering stabilizer on Bake's bike. It isn't as stiff as a Scott, but it's plenty for my purposes and it fits with the Clarke tank.

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma
Whats the damage on the steering damper?
How much benifit has been reported?

Old 01-10-2008, 05:08 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Divodave

ORIGINAL: Shadetree

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma
Whats the damage on the steering damper?
How much benifit has been reported?
I guess one has to decide for himself how much it helps, but I like the stability I got from mine. Bill will charge a fair price to find and build one for you. It depends on what he has to pay to purchase it. He found my unit on ebay and billed me a reasonable increase to cover his retrofit to the KLX. Call him at 316 640-3629 and he'll give you the lowdown.

Good luck!
Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma

Quick Reply: bill's front brake line