Bill Blue Skidplate and custom exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 03:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by linkin5
Almost $600 for an exhaust, it should be gold plated.
The Akropovic carbon slip on muffler for my BMW F800ST lists at BMW for $800 and it's not a complete system. This pipe has the header pipe, slip on muffler, hangers, fasteners. It''s a complete exhaust system replacement.

I'm considering making maybe 2 tanks, I have the material around. They just take a lot of handwork to make, and I end up making $10 an hour maybe, spending all weekend doing them. At this point, I'm only considering it.

Last edited by Bake; 09-16-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BleednGreen68
I'd like to see yer complete fuel step up. So far my fuel system is all stock but would love to upgrade my fuel tank and I didnt know there was an auxilarily tank available. I was thinkin of gettin those rotopax 1gal fuel cans and put them on my bike eventually. I want to hang a little closer on fuel fill ups with my cousins KLR650. He wouldnt like me too much havin to stop all the time on long trips!
Dang, here we go again throwing the skidplate topic off. Sorry Bake.

I have an Acerbis 3.7 gallon tank:
Name:  0813112106.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  125.3 KB
purchased here: KLX250 Acerbis Fuel Tank Just Gas Tanks.com

Bake had a 1.1 auxiliary tank for a while. It's no longer available, darn it. I missed out on getting one:

see full description in this thread: https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...el-tank-28067/

A Delo 1 gallon oil jug would fit nicely on the front fender. I don't have a pic of that. Got the idea this week from a KLX400 rider I met in the parking lot where I work. All that weight on the fender may not be the best on rough stuff, so dump it into your main tank before things get too rough.

And I like Redpillar's method of carrying Primus tanks:

Full thread: https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...ubframe-31314/

Last edited by IDRIDR; 09-16-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:29 AM
1st Gear Member

So, back on topic...

Bake, will you also be making the skid plate with the tool box attached (was that called a Dakar model)? I probably wouldn't splurge for it, just curious.

Your skidplate impresses me as superior when compared to other available products, and worth the price for those seeking serious protection from rough trail elements.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR

That's a VERY trick BMW 650 back there, by the way.

Lucky guy who ever owns that.

--
Mikko

Old 09-16-2011, 11:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bake
The Akropovic carbon slip on muffler for my BMW F800ST lists at BMW for $800 and it's not a complete system. This pipe has the header pipe, slip on muffler, hangers, fasteners. It''s a complete exhaust system replacement.
That's up against the most popular exhaust for this bike though, an FMF Q4/Powerbomb combo, at around $500 (I think - still too much money IMO). Good luck but I think it will be a tough sell at that price point, even if a better product.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I was able to get my FMF full system for less than $400 new, I had to wait for a deal but I did it. I don't really care what an exhaust for a beemer costs as that would be a different thread.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by linkin5
I was able to get my FMF full system for less than $400 new, I had to wait for a deal but I did it. I don't really care what an exhaust for a beemer costs as that would be a different thread.
Let me know next time you see a deal like that - I've had my eyes peeled for a while now but haven't seen anything that low.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by azdeuce
^^^ Agree..alot of $ for a pipe..and a skid plate
Ricochet, right here in Salt Lake City, makes a very nice skid plate for about half that. Why so expensive for the BB skid?

Old 09-17-2011, 08:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
Ricochet, right here in Salt Lake City, makes a very nice skid plate for about half that. Why so expensive for the BB skid?
BB skid plate is twice as thick as a CRD skid plate that my husband has on his Suzuki. It is almost overkill, never seen a skid plate that heavy made of aluminum. Indestructible .

Old 09-18-2011, 02:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Speaking of good prices....They day after I got my bike,I was surfin CL and the guy that I missed out buying a bike from....he had two 09s his n hers...a green n red...100mi on them 3100...anyways he had two FMF full systems,with jet kit and snorkel,brand new in the box...I picked up one from him for....$280...whoooa/score

Quick Reply: Bill Blue Skidplate and custom exhaust