Bike bogs down

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Default Bike bogs down

Hey ya'll, i am new to the forum and i bought a klx250s about a month ago (i needed something street legal that i can still rip through the woods) now this klx is far from any of my racebikes but its a blast in the woods! But when i ride for a while the bike wil just bog down an stall, i let it sit for a couple minutes and then its strts right up and runs fine until it does it again, any ideas on what it could be? Maybe syarving it of fuel? (i have a stock crf450r exhaust on it, that has it breathing a wholeee lot better than stock

Old 11-03-2011, 03:25 PM
1st Gear Member

After riding for a while, when it bogs down, IF you open the gas cap immediately after it quits does it make a sound just like you opened a can of NEW tennis *****?

If so, maybe it is the fuel cap vent is blocked/plugged and it is starving it for fuel. After sitting for a few minutes air slowly finds its' way into the tank, equalizing the pressure, and allowing you to continue on your way, until it does it again.

That's my best guess. GL

Otherwise your Kawasaki is trying to tell you it is rejecting the transplant of Honda parts!!! LOL j/k

Old 11-03-2011, 03:30 PM
1st Gear Member

OR if you only added that Honda exhaust it is WAY TOO LEAN and is trying to seize on you. You let it cool for a bit and off you go, til it tries to seize up again.

That's my second guess LOL.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:30 PM

You might be right about guess number 1, i pulled the carb out the other day to re jet it (then had the guy at kawi tell me the carb is too new and they dont make them in the sizes i needed, i was goin to go with a 125 main, 40 pilot, and an n1tc needle...then he told me hed order the jet kit for me which was 70, so im going to order it myself for 50) but any how when i put it back in i may have kinked the vent hose

Old 11-03-2011, 05:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Which jet kit are you getting? If its a dynojet kit, they do not come with pilot jets, and you'll need to order those from Kawi or on-line. Good stuff here if you've not found it already https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...-numbers-3437/

Old 11-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fordbrian333
You might be right about guess number 1, i pulled the carb out the other day to re jet it (then had the guy at kawi tell me the carb is too new and they dont make them in the sizes i needed, i was goin to go with a 125 main, 40 pilot, and an n1tc needle...then he told me hed order the jet kit for me which was 70, so im going to order it myself for 50) but any how when i put it back in i may have kinked the vent hose
HAHA, i wouldnt be going back there....

Old 11-03-2011, 09:19 PM

I know right EMS, iDRIdr i was goin to orderthe dyno jet kit but now that i know that its just a wast of money, where did you find your jets?

Old 11-03-2011, 09:43 PM
1st Gear Member

I installed a dynojet kit #2206, and personally don't think they are a waste of money. My local independent shop ordered it for me for a buck or two more than the best on-line price. Comes with a good assortment of main jets, a needle (which is probably the best part in the package), drill bits, collars, etc, STICKERS!, in a plastic assortment box to keep it all organized, and instructions.

Picked up the #38 pilot from the local kaw dealer, put it in, too rich, put the #35 stock back in.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:53 PM

Maybe ill just go that route than, hopefully that will wake it up, its got absolutly NO lowend power right now (which is the reason i love 4 strokes)

Old 11-03-2011, 10:12 PM

Btw what tires are ya'll running? These stock dual sport tires are absolutly horrible, im lookin for a mx type tire with a real hard compound

Quick Reply: Bike bogs down