Bike Bandit Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Bike Bandit Review

What I like about bike bandit

They carry just about every part I could need for my bike restoration

If the part gets back ordered, they email me and ask if I'd like to cancel the order or just that particular part they do not have in stock

If I have a problem with shipping, they are VERY fast in helping fix the problem*

* Example
I ordered some stuff. I asked for Fed Ex shipping (I live in Memphis, the world headquarters of Fed Ex and their Central Hub for North American operations)

Fed Ex, in their infinite wisdom, decides it's cheaper (for them) to have me drive out of state to get my package from their pickup facility than it is for me to head to the local one 3 minutes away. This is a change in their method of operation. For 12 years I could drive 3 minutes away and get my parts. Now I have to drive to Mississippi for my parts. WTF?!

I looked up the Executive List of email addresses (through consumerist) and did an EECB (an EECB is an Executive Email Carpet Bomb - a nicely worded email detailing a problem you are having with a company or its service, that you send to every executive of the company in the hopes that at least one person gets it and cares about customer service enough to resolve the problem you are having)

I wrote my EECB Email and sent it off to 16 Executives at Fed Ex.

I then contact Bike Bandit through their web-form on their site and ask them to ship all future orders through UPS or USPS because of FedEx's change in pick-up policy.

I receive an email back from them in 15 minutes stating the order I currently have in with them will be shipped via USPS at no additional cost.

What is "not so great" about Bike Bandit:

They can be a bit "slow" in processing orders.

I ordered 68 various parts from them, totalling around $590, and the order has been in "On Order" status for about a week now...grr...

Other than that, I really like them.

On a related note:
I received a phone call this morning from Fred Smith's Executive Assistant, who stated that she contacted the delivery center to have the driver deliver the package to my apartment manager's office so I wouldn't have to drive to Mississippi.

EECBs work GREAT** if you are clear and concise as to what the problem is, and are polite in how you word it.

** Unless you're contacting FMF about their crappy manufacturing process.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Regarding FedEx. . . . anytime one has to deal with a bureacracy (any company with more than two "managers"), things go to hell in a hurry. Too many uncommunicative, power-hungry idiots who have lost touch with the REASON their company exists. A company gets one chance to impress me. Too many other options to give my money to a dipsh*t company! I detest bureacracies. . . .

Old 02-06-2009, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

I also like BikeBandit. I can go to the website and not have argue with the guy at the parts counter at the dealership. Sure they take a little while to process orders, but it is still faster than ordering through my local dealer and saves me from having to drive over there twice. When gas prices were up, the shipping was cheaper than a trip into town anyway, and I don't have to anything but wait for the box to show up on my porch.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:12 PM
1st Gear Member

They do have about everything but, I've found them to be on the slow side and for aftermarket stuff find rocky mountain atv to be about the fastest and for oem my dealership to be faster then bike bandit

Old 02-06-2009, 10:16 PM
1st Gear Member

RMATV Rocks for sure.

I ordered so much crap from them last year that I earned enough points to get some sweet-*** AXO Motocross boots for free, lol

Old 02-07-2009, 12:31 AM
1st Gear Member

They just sent me a check for $255 guess I spent to much to.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:55 AM
eas
1st Gear Member
Default BikeBandit/FedEx

My only problem with BikeBandit is that they use FedEx. FedEx never seems to be able to find my house, and no they don't have gps on their trucks. And even if they do find my house, they won't leave a package without signature; you have to sign for it. The only reason I was using them instead of RockyMountainATV/MC was because of the AMA discount. I've complained to BikeBandit and have requested UPS shipping, but they never responded to my concerns. Needless to say, I stopped ordering from BikeBandit and use RockyMountain. Typically, if I order something Monday morning from RockyMountain, I have it Friday using regular UPS ground shipping.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:11 AM
1st Gear Member

I always get my aftermarket goods the quickest from Dennis Kirk.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:09 AM
1st Gear Member

I used BikeBandit and RockyMountainATV/MC. Both were fine.
I got the Clutch lever and Brake lever, wow that was easy to replace!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Man I totally agree, bike bandit is slowww...

I ordered a Shoei Hornet DS helmet, 2 bridgestone tires, and a twin air filter and it took 3-4 weeks for me to recieve the last item in my order. They shipped everything separatly over a span of three weeks!

I love the service at Motosport, if they had a larger inventory like bikebandit there would be no question...