BG Quiet Core is in - Im Baffled

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 06:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: BG Quiet Core is in - Im Baffled

Funny you should ask that question.. as thats EXACTLY what I said to the CS rep...

"are we talking about the same part ? part number XXX?" YEP

"the one I cliked on (and the only one available) from the website?" YEP

"I don't even see a 'straight core' option, how did i get this core if i ordered from the website the correct part number (which is also on my reciept you sent me)?" You have to let us know you want the bell on the end and if also, if you want us to trim it down a bit

WTF??????

Can't know why this additional information is necessary (or why my actual core is 14 and 3/8ths inches vs 15 inches....), but I know what I heard and I very much want the correct quiet core so I'm going to follow the advice (which I typed as documented instructions that went back with the 'straight core') and I'll let you know....

Beats me man......

Old 11-22-2006, 07:13 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DirtSurfer

Funny you should ask that question.. as thats EXACTLY what I said to the CS rep...

"are we talking about the same part ? part number XXX?" YEP

"the one I cliked on (and the only one available) from the website?" YEP

"I don't even see a 'straight core' option, how did i get this core if i ordered from the website the correct part number (which is also on my reciept you sent me)?" You have to let us know you want the bell on the end and if also, if you want us to trim it down a bit

WTF??????

Can't know why this additional information is necessary (or why my actual core is 14 and 3/8ths inches vs 15 inches....), but I know what I heard and I very much want the correct quiet core so I'm going to follow the advice (which I typed as documented instructions that went back with the 'straight core') and I'll let you know....

Beats me man......
They are in-f*cking-credible!

EDIT: Let me change that just to make sure nobody thinks that's a compliment:

They are un-f*cking-believable!! [:'(][:'(]

EDIT: Still too ambiguous ...

They are re-f*cking-diculous!!! [:@][:@][:@]

Old 11-22-2006, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I've never heard of such a bunch of cluster-f*cks in my life. It's enough to make a guy go postal...

Sure am glad I bought a Muzzy! lol Even if it does look like a musical instrument.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh im sure once they get the specs i MAPPED OUT and MEASURED for THEIR SYSTEM they should have it modified and sent back in no time at all.... (DISCLAIMER - Please no holding of breath here... if you do, I will not be held responsable for your passing out or worse.....)

Old 11-23-2006, 06:42 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm no longer 'baffled.' I'm completely arrested. What a messed-up company.

Thanks YYY.GUY, I was thinking that it would better for the exhost to 'flow out' then to be 'swimming up stream' against the baffles...

UNFORTUNATELY, (HERE WE GO AGAIN....[:@]) they sent me the wrong part.

This quiet core is a half inch too long and does not have the solid female mounting bracket that fits on the end of the exhaust pipe at the begining of the canister. (the race core Im trying to replace does)

Either it missed that last part of the mfg process or it is just the wrong core (since i don't see any other types of cores on their site except onces with the solid female mounting bracket on the one end, Im guessing it was not quite through the mfg process[:@].....training training training.....)

I have an email now into them and will also call tomorrow.

I'll let you know how it goes working directly with the company.....

Dave

Old 11-24-2006, 07:08 PM

I believe the BG online ordering system is not delineated enough to be useful to us. When I ordered my quiet core insert direct from BG (still waiting for it...), I called and they said to BE SURE to indicate what bike it was for, and that it was simply best to call and order, because there are different cores to fit different systems (beyond the simple 15" or 17" choice implied by the online ordering system).

Bottom line: you must CALL TO ORDER from BG, tell them your bike, and they'll figure out (hopefully correctly) what you need.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:17 AM
1st Gear Member

I called the sales rep yesterday to see if they got my quiet core and instructions... they did and had a further clarification question for me.....

"Does your current race core have the 'bell' in a larger diameter then your core, or the same size"?

Again, I'm stunned by their lack of knowledge as to what core would go with the KLX 250 pipe THEY SELL.

Being as I really want to get this mission accomplished, I duly noted that the "smooth metal bell on the current race core is larger in diameter then the core itself so that would be what I would need to have in order to install it correctly in addition to it needing to be 14 and 3/8ths inches in overall length.â€

They said they would check with their techs and see what was in stock or if the had to fabricate it... I'll call back on Friday to see how it’s going..

I'm a project manager by trade, so I'm quite used to 'herding squirrels' to get stuff done as I'M PAID TO DO THAT.... but man its tough to get in that mode when I'M PAYING!!!!

I'll let you know how it goes....

Old 11-30-2006, 06:32 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I'm a project manager by trade, so I'm quite used to 'herding squirrels' to get stuff done as I'M PAID TO DO THAT.... but man its tough to get in that mode when I'M PAYING!!!!
Ha ha - maybe you should send them an invoice for your services

I can imagine the conversation that ensues when the invoice appears in accounts payable:

"Hey Steve, we just got this invoice from, um, let's see, DirtSurfer LLC for project management services. Hmm, it says here something about engineering measurments and take off diagrams, fabrication schedules, and coordination of team work flows. Any idea what that was, should we pay this???"

"Sounds legit to to me, cut them a check!"

Try it!

Old 11-30-2006, 04:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I probably should!!

too funny. Man I'd love to have a chat with their office manager, if for no other reason, to get a view of exactly how messed up their workflows are... If I lived close by, I'd offer consulting services to get them back on track... Man.. what a mess.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:19 PM
1st Gear Member

So, you've spoken to them and clarified what was needed. Then, just to check up on things, you called and 8 days later they're just sitting around still wondering what it is that you need? Man, in the real world, that's not called "Project Management", that's called "Baby Sitting"!!!

I've been reading recently where BG is starting to expand into the engine rebuilding business. While exhaust systems are complex from an engineering perspective, the business of selling them is pretty simple ... or should be ... with only 3-4 categories of products to keep track of: Headers, Silencers, Complete Systems, and Accessories.

I can see how having them rebuild an engine would make EMS's ordeal look like a coffee break!

Quick Reply: BG Quiet Core is in - Im Baffled