Best luggage bag or box for KLX?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 03:19 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Best luggage bag or box for KLX?

After a long ride yesterday in the forest we realized we could have used drink or a snack. We had the camera bungee corded on the cargo rack on the KLX. I would like to get a plastic luggage type box to secure to the cargo rack for more room to carry stuff. Anyone find any suitable ones or have any other ideas that work?
Thanks,
db

Old 07-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Best luggage bag or box for KLX?

http://www.hydrapak.com/catalog/product15.htm

Holds tons of water..... 3L.... and alot of room for cargo, and its comfy with some weight in it. Doesnt flop around or anything

Old 07-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

+1 (sorry HD) on the camelbak, its awesome to be riding down the road and drinking ice water without having to stop. Plenty of room for lunch, extra gas and a first aid kit. Oh and toilet paper, don't forget the toilet paper.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

make sure if you get a camel bak, not necessarily that brand...... but make sure it has some storage... on the north east ride brian didnt have any room in his camel back and i put his lunch in mine for a short while.... that pack is huge by the way..... thats the one i have, thanks patrick.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh and I have the Pelican 1200 that I carry extra gas and a nice tool kit. Plus I put my wallet in there so I don't loose it. Let's not forget that an 8 piece box of chicken fits in there or a 25 ft tow chain.

Name:  103_6203.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  88.9 KB

Name:  DSCN0433.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  60.6 KB

Name:  100_4932small.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  81.2 KB

Added bonus on the pelican, makes it easy to carry the chainsaw.
Name:  Bikechainsaw_0457.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  123.3 KB

Old 07-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

im gonna go sabatoge your photobucket acct....... lol...... you have too many pics........ moose fender bag works good too..... it holds alot.....

Name:  rack011.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  132.5 KB

Old 07-30-2007, 05:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I have over 500 pictures or other junk in my photobucket account, I need to do some housekeeping, but I don't' want to delete anything that might still be relevant, like ride reports or just good old pics that I use to convince noobs that they need to buy the KLX I still have Todd's original pictures of his bike after the Pelican case install and other stuff like that. I guess I need to make an announcement so people won't have withdrawals.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow! Thanks guys for all the quick responses. I like that Pelican plastic box for its rugged and protective nature. I also like the camelback (for quenching thirst) and the fender bag. Now at least I know what is popular and I can do some individual item research. And the spare fuel bottles look like a good thing too. Yesterday we went out to the Blackwater forest and rode around and on the way back the wife had to switch to reserve. Just how much does reserve hold? Anyway, we made it to a gas station fine and all but started thinking of ways to transfer fuel from my DRZ to her KLX in case we got stranded in the future. Deej, how much do those fuel bottles hold anyway?
Thanks,
db

Old 07-30-2007, 05:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej: How did you mount the Pelican 1200 to the cargo rack?? I found the fuel bottles online. Which size did you buy? Just wondering if the 33 oz will fit?
Thanks,
db

Old 07-30-2007, 06:22 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Davebert

Deej: How did you mount the Pelican 1200 to the cargo rack?? I found the fuel bottles online. Which size did you buy? Just wondering if the 33 oz will fit?
Thanks,
db
No the 33 oz bottles won't fit, the two I have in there are the 22 oz, and I have 2 of the 33 oz bottles too, and they fit in my Fox hydration pack. The mounting of the case to the rack is pretty simple really, you go out and but 3 of the Adell clamps and drill and install. I have some pics somewhere I will post if I get a chance.

Quick Reply: Best luggage bag or box for KLX?