best exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Banned
Default best exhaust

What's the best exhaust for my new klx? I've read many threads but want to hear first hand from owners of the pipes. I see this is a pretty hotly debated topic, just want real world experiences please.
thx

Old 02-05-2009, 07:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I have been very happy with my 09 full Muzzy. Install could not have been easier. Sounds great and not too loud w/ quiet core. No regrets whatsoever. As you may already know, if stock, re-jet a must.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:30 PM
1st Gear Member

With the usual mods I think it's just a matter of what looks good to you and what your wallet can afford. As far as performance I don't think there is much difference between one or the other. I went two brothers because it didn't stick out the back as far as some of the others do.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Well Said Ol Guy..........
I have the HMF with the FMF Header. Just the way it worked out. If I had to do it over again, who knows which way i'd go.
This should be an amussing thread when the Muzzy / Big Gun guys get at each others throats again.........................Sit back and enjoy

Old 02-05-2009, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm going to get the FMF Q4 series and their jet kit for mine here in a couple of months. Waiting on my rack and windshield now. These bikes suck wallets dry.....

Old 02-05-2009, 11:44 PM
1st Gear Member

I like my FMF Q4 alot. I think the performance gain is pretty even across all of the aftermarket mufflers. I have read that the FMF and HMF are quieter than some of the rest. It makes sense, as these two have a larger cans. That was one reason I went with the FMF, some of the places I ride I don't need any extra attention. You can make the Q4 even louder by removing the spark arrestor screen (one screw). It acually makes quite a bit of difference.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Muzzy does not have cr@p on my Big Gun!!

Just kidding. I could not resist. I have a big gun. I however do not have anything to compare it to. So I can tell you I like the sound. Their website makes the claim that offer the most performance. I have read it is also one of the loudest. I dont mind much. It was nice when the exhaust was a bit quiter though. No more sneaking around with it on. I dont think it is so loud it is anoying, but I know some people have said just that.

So, I have offered no good information and just rambled on

Go on youtube. some folks have recorded the different exhausts. Get the one that you think sounds like what you want. Honestly, they all probably make about the same improvement. Dont know about the rest of them, but the Big Gun requires to re-pack it every 30-40hrs. For me it works about about once in the early summer and again in the fall.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:34 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

choise and price, go nuts.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:56 AM
1st Gear Member

I have the Big Gun Full System I found new on ebay for $325. Great power!
Kinda loud, I made a little insert to quite the noise a little.

Go on youtube. some folks have recorded the different exhausts. Get the one that you think sounds like what you want. Honestly, they all probably make about the same improvement.
+1

Have fun!!

Quick Reply: best exhaust