Before I have sm rims laced on my S hubs

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 12:13 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Before I have sm rims laced on my S hubs

should I also order a lowering link, assuming the front will drop some? What size would be best? Or wait until I see it and measure

shot in the dark - anyone got a set of supermoto wheels they would trade for dual sport setup? Also need the kickstand.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=sphen;537061]should I also order a lowering link, assuming the front will drop some? What size would be best? Or wait until I see it and measure

shot in the dark - anyone got a set of supermoto wheels they would trade for dual sport setup? Also need the kickstand.[/QU Lowering link , I would buy an adjustable one , you can lower your stand if need be yourself

Old 07-06-2017, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

On the 09,s the SF just has an inch less travel either end same triples, so its just the 17" front that gives you quicker steering. I put a lift link on the rear of my SF and it handles great so you will be fine as is.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by donA
, you can lower your stand if need be yourself
Go on...

Old 07-06-2017, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Cut and weld, I had to extend mine which was a bit harder as mine had been shortened for 2" lowering links

Old 07-06-2017, 12:58 PM
1st Gear Member

I actually had to crank up the preload on the rear of my S when I put SF rims on it so it would sit somewhat level. The combination of the smaller rim and a tire that wasn't nearly as tall had my bike sitting really low in the back.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wildcard
I actually had to crank up the preload on the rear of my S when I put SF rims on it so it would sit somewhat level. The combination of the smaller rim and a tire that wasn't nearly as tall had my bike sitting really low in the back.
Hey wildcard I was just checking out your blog I'm interested in your exhaust mod .Have you ever checked out how many db's it produces? and did you notice any power improvements thanks nice work ...I got an app for my phone $4.00

Old 07-06-2017, 01:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wildcard
sounds like I should wait til done and measure then raise or lower as needed. Mostly for aesthetics lol

is there a magic number of inches i should cut the kickstand down to?

Old 07-06-2017, 06:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by donA
Hey wildcard I was just checking out your blog I'm interested in your exhaust mod .Have you ever checked out how many db's it produces? and did you notice any power improvements thanks nice work ...I got an app for my phone $4.00
I have a thing on my tablet that does sound measurements, I'll have to try it and check the results. Bike is in pieces at the moment getting ready for the track and the battery is dead so it might be a week or so

Originally Posted by sphen
sounds like I should wait til done and measure then raise or lower as needed. Mostly for aesthetics lol

is there a magic number of inches i should cut the kickstand down to?
I didn't cut mine down at all, but I probably need too. The bike still leans over, but not nearly as much as it did before.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:33 PM
1st Gear Member

I think there are a set of SF wheels posted for sale in that subforum.

Quick Reply: Before I have sm rims laced on my S hubs